Not everyone agrees

A/N: happy new year!!! This chapter is quite long and description heavy, but I hope it's alright nonetheless.
Fair warning there is intense violence and I guess what you'd call angst? So just prepare yourself, or maybe skip this chapter once again. There isn't a ton regarding the overarching plot so it shouldn't hurt to skip it.
Also again, the artist goes unrecognized, sorry!!
Anyway, onto the chapter.

~~~~~~

"AGAASHEE!!!" The familiar call of my name through a wide smile made me turn. The owl, as expected, came barreling towards me with his arms out.

"HEY HEY HEY!" He swooped me up and gave multiple kisses all over my head.
I was still a bit embarrassed when it came to public displays of affection. Especially considering the fact that many people on the base, well simply put, they don't agree with that.

"Bokuto we saw each other just yesterday evening at dinner." I smiled and rolled my eyes, as he continued to shower me in small pecks.

"I know, I know, but I missed you, and look at this!!"
He pulled out both his phone and a manilla folder, setting down the apple he'd gotten.

"I hope you don't mind, but I read it already. I wouldn't have been able to sleep knowing it was there and not knowing what we'd be doing." He told me.

"No it's fine. What's the job?"

"Eh pretty simple, just take some dude out in a restaurant. Or maybe it was 2 guys? And maybe it was a hotel, not restaurant? I dunno, but more importantly look at this!!" He seemed extremely excited at whatever was on his phone.

Bokuto slung an arm around my shoulder, bringing me in closer to both him and the phone, before sitting us down on 2 of the short canteen seats.
"Okay, ready? Watch this."

Bokuto went on to show me a video of him doing a burpee, but when he jumped up, he did a pull-up on the bar above him.
He was shirtless and wore what still confused me as to whether they're leggings or knee braces when doing PT.
However what surprised me more was the fact that when he dropped down from the pull-up bar, someone threw what looked to be a small cookie into this mouth. The video ended with shaky camera work and Bokuto cheering loudly as he chewed the cookie.

"Oh my god, Bokuto. How many of those did you eat??"

"Uhhh the titan said it took like 22 tries?"

"You ate 22 cookies for that video..." I looked at him deadpanned, with eyes half mast.
"... yes..."
I sighed, trying not to laugh.
"I cannot believe you." I told him.

He put the phone back into the pants pocket it had initially come from, before picking up the shiny, red apple. The owl removed the sticker on the apple, thinking for a second, before sticking it to my forehead.

"Boop!" He smiled at me.
"What was that for?" I asked, confused.
"I wanted to see your reaction." He laughed. I attempted to look up at the sticker before realizing how stupid that was and instead just removed it with my hand.

"So, can I read the job info?" I asked him.
He swallowed a bite of the apple, "Mhm!" He pushed the folder towards me.

I opened and read it silently.

"Cadets Ki Chou and Bokuto are hereby appointed to the following mission.
Go to the hotel located in the small town south of the base. Cab driver has been given directions. Once there, check into the only hotel, and look for two men.
First man: bowl cut, glasses, overweight.
Second man: balding, mustache, overweight, and will be by the first man.
Take both out and stay no longer than a night."