Scouting out.

A/N: look at me go getting 2 chapters out on the weekend lol. Also I found the artist for the piece you see above!! I believe they're 'kldpxl'.
Enjoy the chapter!

———

Tendou had his head in the Titan's lap, legs pulled up and arms in the air, dancing with his fingers as he listened to music. I leaned over the table to talk to him.
"Does this 6 hour train ride count as part of the three days?" I asked.

"Shit I don't know. If we have to risk our lives, it think it's fine to go slightly over time."

We whispered as we talked, since both Ushijima and Bokuto were asleep. The owl, who rested his head on my shoulder, began to stir, wrapping his quite toned arms around me. I couldn't help but smile, feeling like the luckiest person on the planet. Even if we were about to go into heavy battle. That didn't matter though, I'd already decided he'd be the one to make it out, if it came to that.
I stroked his hair, feeling overwhelmed by him and hoping by all means we make it back together.
We would.
He was strong and I was smart.

Ushijima had his head against the window and when a rather large bump ran under the tracks, he jutted awake and pulled a knife from his vest, panting, and pressing it against Bokuto's neck.
"Hey! You're safe! It's okay! I'm here! Look at me! Look at me! It was just another nightmare, you're okay!" Tendou faced the Titan and held his cheeks before calming him down and taking the knife out his hand.
"I'm... sorry."

"It's fine! I've told you before, I love you no matter what, and nightmares are normal. We all get them."

Tendou spoke truthfully, though nightmares such as what we had under normal circumstances were not normal. Being an elite came with some perks, but the psychological and physical damage was overwhelmingly bad. Clearly, even the most serious also had spots of weakness, though it didn't really surprise me.

It was a fairly empty train, with the four of us being the only ones in our carriage, so we talked quite openly about the job ahead.

"Ushijima," I said. He turned, "Yes?"

"I've been thinking, when Bokuto and I snipe the members, won't that cause a stir and bring attention to us from the other walkers as well as probably civilians?"

The Titan thought for a moment.

"I'll show a hand signal once I've tagged them all, then snipe as many as you see. Both Tendou and I will take the others out close up. Wake him up so I can show the sign."

I didn't want to wake Bokuto, but this was important. I whispered into his ear, rubbing his arm. Eventually he awoke and yawned, wiping the small line of drool from the corner of his mouth.

"Are we there yet?" His voice was raspy and low as he blinked his heavy eyelids open.

"Only a few hours in I'm afraid." Tendou responded.

"We woke you to explain the plan further." Ushijima caught the owl up and showed us the hand signal.

A few hours passed, and we played cards. Bokuto failed miserably, nearly screaming in a raging fit while the rest of us wiped tears from laughing so hard. They truly were like family to me. The closest I had, that is.

Food was passed out a little later, and after that, the sun was gone, alerting us that we sleep for the rest of the journey. Which we did. I laid my head on the small table separating the two benches, but Bokuto was unhappy with that decision. Instead, leaning his back against the window, he pulled me between his legs, and secured me in his arms while I rested the back of my head against his chest.

We must have slept for a good 2 hours or so before I awoke to the robotic voice announcing our stop. I was a light sleeper, so that was enough to alert me. I woke Bokuto up, who let out a slightly annoyed, and tired noise. "Come on, help me wake the other two." I told him.

"Where the hell are we supposed to sleep?" Tendou asked, dragging his feet off the train, slumped over.

Bokuto hugged me from the back as we walked, making my job of carrying both of our luggage even harder, but I didn't mind. The smell of his hair gel was enough to make me want to stay close to him at all times as it was.

"Mmm yeah, good point." Bokuto replied.

"Did you just sniff my back?" I asked, smiling.

"Yes." I felt him laugh to himself.

"Lets just try a nearby hotel." I responded with a more proper answer.

We checked in, and paid out of pocket for a hotel room with two full sized beds. The fact the base hadn't paid for accommodations sent us all to sleep furious. Still, as soon as the bed filled with the warmth of Bokuto's body, I felt more at peace.

Bright and early, around 7am the phone rang. I guessed it was a wake up call and answered it.
"Good morning! Breakfast runs from 7-10! Have a nice day."
I had just woken up and could barely process what the voice had just said, "Uh-huh." I clanged the phone back down, turning to Bokuto. 

I decided to sleep for just another hour, scooting up close to him once again in the tight bedsheets.

Around 8:30, all but Tendou woke up to the sound of what we thought to be banshee cries, but in reality was just Tendou singing in the shower. Bokuto filmed what he could as we all tried to stay quiet. When he finally emerged the owl asked, "So was it a good shower?"
"Yes very!" He scrubbed his hair dry with a towel as we attempted to conceal our laughter.

"Okay come on, let's go eat, and then scout out the square." I said, putting on some shoes and a jacket.

We ate the rubbery eggs, and stale toast with shitty coffee before pretending to do some shopping.

"Kinda do Wanna get a souvenir." Tendou said.
"My first big job and I get to set fire to a whole building, I think it calls for a keychain."
With that, he set off with Ushijima, leaving Bokuto and me to find proper sniping locations. 

We settled on two large buildings across the side of the open square from one another.
"As soon as we see the hand signal, we shoot as many as we can." I said.
Bokuto kissed my hand in agreement as we walked back towards the hotel together.