~Chapter Twenty~

Maddy had sat with Katherine for a while, talking and reminiscing about the old times

Maddy had sat with Katherine for a while, talking and reminiscing about the old times. The two of them hadn't gotten along like that for centuries. Ever since the Damon situation, they were usually at each other's throats. Their time was cut short when she had gotten a phone call from a panicking Elena, telling her that Rose had attacked her because she was hallucinating.

After hearing Elena's frightened voice she had quickly given Katherine a very emotional hug goodbye, both of them whispering a short I love you since it was possibly going to be the last time they ever see each other. She was now entering the Salvatore house, the door being open before she even got there.

"Elena! It's Maddy, you can come out now!" She calls out.

Elena hurries down the stairs, practically throwing herself into Maddy's arms when she sees her. She returns the hug, rubbing her hand up and down Elena's back.

"I called Damon too." Elena sighs, running a hand through her hair as Madison pulls away.

"Good, I'm gonna punch him in his face when I see him. I knew this was a bad idea." She sighs.

"You're not gonna do anything," Damon speaks, now standing behind the two girls.

Maddy quickly turns around sending her fist connecting with Damon's jaw, the raven-haired vampire stumbling back due to the amount of force.

"I told you leaving Elena with her was a stupid idea," Maddy growls, looking up at him.

"I asked you to stay and help." He says, taking a step closer to her and poking her in the upper chest.

"And I told you no, so therefore you should've stayed or found somebody who wasn't human and looks exactly like Katherine to babysit a hallucinating vampire!" She yells, shoving him.

"Guys, I think we have bigger problems," Elena speaks.

"Where's Rose?" Damon asks.

After a few seconds of silence, Elena shrugs her shoulders. "I don't know."

"She was a little too busy hiding genius." Maddy rolls her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~

The three of them arrived outside Mystic Falls High School after Damon had gotten a call from the sheriff, Elizebeth Forbes, telling him that they had found a dead body. Now, he was talking to Liz while Maddy leaned against a random car watching as Elena left another message for Stefan.