~Chapter Fifty Five~

All it took was the sound of Bonnie's panicked voice explaining to her that, pain in the ass, Matt Donovan, had messed with dark magic and made his sister a permanent ghost for Maddy to leave the bonfire and approach the school to search for the B...

All it took was the sound of Bonnie's panicked voice explaining to her that, pain in the ass, Matt Donovan, had messed with dark magic and made his sister a permanent ghost for Maddy to leave the bonfire and approach the school to search for the Bennett witch. As much she wanted to slap the shit out of the boy for being so reckless and stupid, she didn't. In fact, she kind of understood. People do crazy things for the people they love. It was obvious Vicki Donovan had taken advantage of her little brother's love for her and played him like a fool.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't think she'd do something like this. I trusted her." Matt apologizes, running a hand through his hair as the three of them stood in a vacant classroom.

Going against her very strong will to punch the kid in his neck, Maddy put a gentle hand on his shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile.

"It's ok, Matt, we'll get it all figured out." She nods before moving to stand by Bonnie.

The strawberry blonde really couldn't stand the Donavan boy. He was always just there. Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong and causing messes the rest of the group had to clean up.

"You need to tell me exactly what you did to let Vicki out. So I know exactly how to send her back." Bonnie states intensely, her eyes set on her blue-eyed friend.

Maddy stands there, all of a sudden feeling a chill run down her spine as she started hearing whispers. She glanced around, her eyebrows furrowed as she made sure they were in her head. Elena, Elena, Elena.

"Somethings wrong," Maddy states, heading toward the classroom door.

"What do you mean?" Bonnie questions, she and Matt both watching the older girl.

"Uh nothing, you just send that damn ghost bitch back to where she belongs. I'll see you later Bon." She rushes, speeding away.

"Do you think it's something bad?" Matt questions.

"It's Maddy, whatever it is, she'll fix it." Bonnie nods.

Maddy uses her hearing, her ears filling with the sound of shouts and coughing. She follows the commotion to the parking lot where Alaric was panicking beside his car that was burning up in flames, Elena trapped inside.

"Shit." She whispers, speeding over to them.

"Stefan and Elena are in there, the doors won't open!" Alaric panics when he notices Maddy.

Quickly jumping into action, Maddy runs over, ripping the back of the door of the trunk off and tossing it aside.

"Maddy!" Elena cries out in relief.