~Chapter Sixty Seven~

"What do you mean he took your family?" Maddy questions

"He took the coffins that have their bodies in it, Madison. I don't know how else to explain it to you." He huffs, walking past her.

"Don't talk to me like that!" She shouts, the lights flickering at the sound of her voice. "I've been though enough tonight and the last thing I need is you treating me like shit over something you got yourself into."

"So you're saying this is my fault?" He asks, raising his arms.

"Yes. If you would've left him alone you wouldn't be in this situation. He basically lost the love of his life because of you, you made him turn into a ripper again. What did you think was gonna happen when you stopped forcing him to be loyal to you?" She furrows her eyebrows.

Klaus lets out a frustrated growl, picking up a nearby vase and throwing it across the room. Just before the vase comes in contact with the wall, Maddy holds her hand up stopping it mid air. Walking over, she grabs the glass decoration and places it down on the stand closest to her.

"I happen to like that vase." She sighs.

"I'm sorry." He shakes his head taking a seat on the couch.

Maddy watches as he sets his head in his hand. With a sigh, she walks over to him sitting in the the empty space. "We'll figure it out, Niklaus. You'll get them back, I know you will." She reassures taking his hand in hers. "You figured out the situation with your shit show of a father, you'll figure this out too."

"I don't understand why nothing is going right. This was supposed to be our time to get closer. It was supposed to be time for me to make you happy." He mutters.

"You make me happy." She smiles softly. "Being around you makes me happy."

"Yeh when your friends aren't trying to kill us."

"They're not my friends... not anymore." She shakes her head a sorrow look on her face.

It was hard for her to say it, but it was the truth. She was no longer friends with Elena. No longer friends with Damon. No longer friends with Bonnie. It was all gone. The trust, the love, the relationships. They threw it all away. She just wished she could throw the memories away too.

"What's that look on your face?" Klaus questions.

"Just thinking." Maddy shrugs.

"About what, Love?"

"I think I need you to do something for me." She states.