~Chapter Twenty Two~

Damon sat beside Maddy's sleeping body with his head in his hands

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Damon sat beside Maddy's sleeping body with his head in his hands. His thoughts were filled with nothing but her. Her smile, her laugh, the way her eyes would shine when she was happy. All the things he would miss about her after she died.

When he heard her scream he knew something bad was happening. He remembered when she vowed to only use her banshee scream if it was necessary. Only if it was her last resort. His emotions had been all over the place since he found her in the woods. He had never seen her look so exhausted and drained before, but then he spotted the werewolf bite and he understood. She was dying.

His attention was turned to her when she started to stir. Her eyes slowly fluttered open, revealing dull green orbs. "Damon?"

"Hey, there strawberry shortcake." He smiles, scooting closer to her.

She looks down at her arm, noticing that she was in fresh clothes. Her bite was on display for anyone to see. She knew that he knew.

"You weren't supposed to find out this way." She sighs, covering her arm up with the blanket.

"When was I supposed to find out?"

"I don't know. The way you've been acting I didn't think you'd care." She shrugs.

"Maddy I know I've been an ass lately with the whole Rose situation, but I care about you. Katherine, Rose, not even Elena will ever be able to replace you. You will always be my favorite girl." He says, grabbing a hold of her hand.

"I better be, or else I'm gonna have to kick someone's ass." She chuckles, making Damon smile.

Damon stares down at her with a small admiring smile. He couldn't really understand why he was being an asshole to her. Maybe it was because she didn't wanna be with him anymore and that broke his heart. Or maybe it was because every time he was around her it made him feel vulnerable.

"I love you, Maddy."

"I know Damon, I love you too." She sighs.

"I ruined any chance of being with you didn't I?"

"Yeah. Yeah, you did." Maddy nods.

Before either of them could say anything else Stefan knocks on the door. "Hey." He smiles walking towards Damon's bed.

Stefan wanted to talk about the bite that was slowly killing Maddy, but he had to save it considering Caroline's life was in danger.

"I know this is a lot to ask, but Jules has Caroline, so I was wondering if you two would come with me to give them Tyler?"