prologue

*2017*

I stepped into my car, turning on the heat because it was freezing outside. I was on my way to Charlton Athletic Football Stadium, to help the Sidemen film their new video. The guys were announcing that they are doing another charity match, which I was so excited for. The last time they did a charity match I had the best day watching them play football and raising money for charity.

I sometimes helped them set up the camera's, especially if they are filming a video with multiple angles. I also took my own camera with me to make some photos of them during filming, so they can post those on their Instagram's.

I've been friends with the Sidemen for a couple of years now, I actually met them when I was singing in a bar. Singing is a huge passion of mine, and I sometimes sing in small venues to earn some money. One night I was singing in a cozy bar and Ethan came up to me after I finished. He said 'I never heard a voice like yours, it is beautiful' I remember that I laughed at him. He insisted that he was serious and that I should meet his mates, so I did, and the rest is history.

I love those boys with all my heart, and I am really enjoying helping them with their YouTube careers. My career in singing however is still at the same spot as it was that night. But I am still making new songs and performing them in small bars, which I love doing. The boys are really supportive of me and often come to watch me perform, which is so lovely.

After I stepped out of my car I saw that there was only one car in the car park still. Of course Josh was here first. I walked around for a while searching for the entrance when I heard Josh yell "You're here!" he walked over to me and embraced me in a big hug. I always have loved Josh's hugs, there are so nice and cozy. "Yeah, am I early or is everybody else a bit late?" I questioned seeing as nobody else was here yet. "I think you can answer that for yourself" Josh answered making me laugh.

I started to place the cameras around, making sure I got some good angles, when the rest of the boys arrived at the stadium. "Look who has finally arrived" I yelled at them once they were all sitting and putting on their football boots. "Hey Nova! How are you love? Ethan said hugging me. "I am good Behz, how are you?" I asked him letting go of him. "Really good, you should hear what happened this weekend when me and Bog went out" Ethan exclaimed laughing, looking at Harry. "Just laugh like we all did" Simon whispered into my ear while wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I giggled knowing this was one of those stories that they found funny, but you had to be there to find it funny.

After Ethan told their hilarious story, Vik asked me how my weekend was. "Really good actually, I finally finished a song that I have been working on for months! And I am really happy with it!" I told them with a huge smile on my face. This is my favorite song that I have made, and I am really proud of it. It is more upbeat and different from the rest of my songs. "Well don't be shy, let us hear it!" JJ clapped his hands, ready to hear my new song. "Oh I don't know guys, maybe later" I mumbled. I am always quite insecure letting people hear my songs. "Ah c'mon Nova, your songs are always so good" Harry said to me, giving me a small smile. I smiled back at him, and grabbed my phone. "Alright, alright! But don't judge it too hard!"

"OMG! Nova this is amazing! Your voice and that beat!" I smiled up at JJ. "Thank you, JJ that means a lot coming from you". The rest of the guys complimented the song, making me smile. "You should put it up on Spotify!" Tobi said nudging me. "Mmhm, maybe I will" I never put my songs on Spotify, then everybody can hear my song. But maybe I need to get over my fears.

Once we were finished filming, I decided to upload my song on Spotify. "Can somebody press the publish button? I don't think I can" Ethan came sprinting over to me "Oeh! I wil!!" Not wasting a second he pressed publish. "Omg, okay, it is live!" I squealed. Harry came over and gave me a hug whispering "I am so proud of you, Nova". I smiled into the hug, grateful for my amazing friends.

"Can we use your song in our videos?" Josh asked me. "Sure, why not?" I felt fearless all of a sudden, so why not? What is the worst that could happen?