Stars {Newt}

{TMR imagine}

(A/n: Hello everyone, I just wanted to say that this imagine was inspired by  one of wetwillystilinski shifting stories on tiktok that involved Newt. Sorry I forgot to publish last night! Happy late Valentine's day! Hope you enjoy the imagine!)

~

She tried to be as quiet as possible. Careful not to wake the other Gladers, she quietly stepped out of her hammock and slipped on her shoes. It was dark by this time, so it was difficult to see where she was stepping. But lucky the moon was shining bright enough so that she wouldn't trip over one of Chuck's many little packs that he kept next to his hammock.

Because the moon was shining bright enough to find her way, she was able to avoid things like the other Gladers in their hammocks, the small tables that she would most definitely trip over and wake someone up, and the blades that some would carelessly leave on the ground. She knew that she would most definitely cut her foot without any issues.

In a hammock, not too far from hers, Newt laid wide awake, thinking. He didn't know what he was thinking of or trying to think about, but for some reason, he just couldn't sleep.

The faint sound of light footsteps, however, had broken him out of his thoughts. He looked to his left to see someone carefully walking out into the open of the Glade, not in their hammock. Newt already had a pretty accurate guess of who it could be, the long hair waving around to give it away.

He waited till she was almost fully out of his sight before swinging his legs over the side of his hammock. He also walked quietly, careful to not wake anyone. The dirty blonde-haired boy kept a distance but followed her to where she was going.

Once Y/n was clear of any other hammocks, she didn't have to worry so much about where she stepped, as long as it wasn't under a tree, snapping a twig, then she was all good.

The Glade was a wide-open space, for the most part, meaning that she had a perfect view of the night sky. She took a deep breath, breathing in the fresh night air. She closed her eyes and felt the faint breeze against her face, going through her hair. She listened for the crickets that chirp at night in the woods. Her sleep schedule wasn't the best, it never was, Glade or not. One of the few things that she could remember from her life before was that she had a terrible sleep schedule. That and her name and some of the constellations.

The night time was much more relaxing and way less chaotic than during the day time. Since she was the only girl in the Glade, it was difficult to get time to herself, especially since Alby didn't want her to ever be on her own. He and all of those boys truly underestimated her and her survival skills.

Y/n then opened her eyes then laid down in the grass, the star-filled sky now surrounding her vision almost completely. She mentally noted to herself the constellations she saw and what ones she would try and make out. It was very difficult, but once in a blue moon, she would memorize one. She would get so happy inside, but no one would ever know, because this was something that she had herself. She'd bet 100 bucks that most of the boys would pester her to educate them on the tiny and distant balls of fire in the sky.

Newt leaned up against one of the small wooden huts and watched Y/n as she felt the breeze blow through her hair. He watched as she looked around the night sky before laying down in the grass. After a few moments of her being by herself, Newt decided to walk over and join her. His footsteps were quiet and he in no way surprised or startled her. She knew he was there, but her attention was to the sky.

Newt silently walked over to her side and laid down right beside her. He placed his hands behind his head and stared up at the sky, trying to figure out what she was doing.