Nightmares {Dean Winchester}

{SPN imagine}

(A/n: This imagine contains ZERO spoilers and it kind of picks off from when Dean gets out of hell and also includes flashbacks. Also, please do not comment any SPN spoilers for the benefit of the people who have not watched it yet (specifically S15) Enjoy the imagine!)

~

'Flashes from hell played through his brain over and over again, making him relive the worst 40 years of his life without stop. He could feel them slice and carve as if they were doing it all over again. Pulled, chopped, and tormented endlessly till he was nothing. Then, he'd be back in one piece and the torture would start all over again.'

"No, no, no, no, No!" Dean shot up from his place on the bed, shaking, sweating, panting. It took him a minute to realize that he was no longer in hell and that he got out months ago. He attempted to wipe the tears that trickled down his cheeks. Reaching towards his bedside table, he grabbed a small bottle of liquor, untwisting the cap and taking a swig.

As Dean tried to collect himself, he felt a small stir next to him. "Dean?" the voice asked. It wasn't dark enough in the room that he could not see her face. He had unintentionally woke her up and immediately felt guilty.

He turned his head to face the girl next to him. She instantly noticed the amount of sweat on his face, assuming that he was also crying due to his glossy eyes and the bottle of liquor in his hands that were shaking.

"Oh Dean, another nightmare?" She asked in a voice that made him feel calmer, safer. He steadily nodded his head and Y/n opened her arms up to him. "Come here." Dean set down the bottle of Jack Daniel's before accepting her offer. He wrapped his arms around her tightly, never wanting to let go. She rubbed small circles on his back as he still tried calming himself down.

"It's alright Dean, you're not there anymore, you're here with me, nothing can get you." She whispered softly to him. She could feel his tears falling from his eyes and hitting the shoulder of her shirt. Seeing him like this absolutely broke her heart, making her feel emotional as well.

Everything recently was an emotional rollercoaster for the two. During Dean's last year before being sent to hell, he had met a girl named Y/n. He didn't expect to become so attached to her and she didn't think she'd become so attached to him either. She was working on a job when the two Winchester boys had walked through the door, dressed in suits and flashing their fake FBI badges. She knew that they were fake right off the bat and hammered them with questions when she could.

Being who he was, Dean attempted to flirt with the hunter, flashing a smirk and answering everything with sarcasm and a pick-up line. He was surprised when she turned him down, but he didn't want to give up. Having only a year left to live, he didn't want to go out knowing that a girl had rejected him.

So, he pestered her, showing up at her other jobs against his brother's will and "helping" her out. After constantly telling him to shove his comments, she finally agreed to go out with him, just so he'd shut up. What Y/n didn't expect was to have a good time with him. The conversation was never dull and he'd get her to laugh one way or another. Dean didn't expect to like her as much as he did and he didn't want to leave.

But, duty called, and Dean and Sam had to leave. The two swapped phone numbers with the girl to stay in contact. Y/n kissed Dean goodbye, not knowing when she'd see him again, and they drove off.

A few weeks later, however, she was called to a case in Denver, so she packed up her small bag, hunting equipment, and headed down the road. Once she arrived, she noticed a familiar black Impala sitting in the driveway of the house she was called to, opening the front door of the house to find none other than Dean and Sam Winchester, flashing their phony badges.