Merry Christmas Love {Klaus Mikaelson}

{TVDU Imagine}

~

"Alright, that was the last of it." Y/n fake smiled as she put the last garbage bag in Stefan's hands for him to take outside. "Christmas is officially over."

"Awe, why look so glum little sister?" Damon asked, pouring three glasses of bourbon.

"I just thought I was gonna see someone today, that's all," she shrugged, taking a glass from Damon's hand. Stefan walked back inside and took a glass of bourbon as well, sitting next to his older sister on the couch.

"Well, I'd say Christmas went well this year," Damon smirked, raising his glass. "We went Katherine free."

"Yeah, I guess you're right," she sighed, taking a sip, "I just know that bitch would have completely ruined Christmas for me." Just like her Salvatore brothers, Y/n also despised Katherine for what she did to the both of them.

"To a Katherine free Christmas, and a bourbon filled New Year." Stefan smiled as they all clinked their glasses together.

"Oh, before the night ends little sister, I do have one more surprise for you," Damon smirked, looking at Stefan.

"Oh no, what did you do this time?" She asked, rolling her eyes at her brothers.

"Relax Y/n, I think you're gonna like this," Stefan smiled, following Damon to the front door. "Just stay right there."

Y/n heard the door open and close again, she was curious but stayed in her seat. With her vamp hearing, she could hear an extra pair of footsteps.

"I believe someone forgot to invite me to the party." She heard a voice say before he rounded the corner. Standing just a few feet away from her, was none other than her long time boyfriend, Klaus Mikaelson, with that stupid, innocent smirk on his face. She could feel the butterflies in her stomach, unbelievably happy to see his face again.

"Oh my god, Klaus!" She jumped from her seat and lunged herself at him, wrapping her arms around his neck and lifting her feet from the ground, he spun her around. He then placed her down and kissed her, happy to be with her.

"Just a friendly reminder," Damon interrupted, "we're still here."

She ignored Damon's comment and kept her eyes on Klaus. "What are you doing here? I thought you were stuck in New Orleans?"

"Did you actually believe that I'd go a Christmas without you, love?" He grinned, keeping his arms wrapped around her waist. "You have some very thoughtful brothers, they called practically begging me to come down and see you. And you know I can't refuse a good offer like that."

Y/n looked from Klaus to Damon and Stefan, astonished.

"Merry Christmas little sister," Damon half smiled, taking a sip of his bourbon. She let go of Klaus and walked over to Damon, wrapping her arms around his torso. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Damon patted her on the back before she moved to hug Stefan. "You guys are the best."

"We know, now go enjoy your Christmas present." Damon pointed to Klaus.

"Come with me love, I want to show you something." he grinned. Y/n rushed to grab her coat and linked her arm with his as they walked out the door together. Before the door shut, she heard a snarky comment from Damon.

"Don't keep her out too late Klaus, she still needs to be home by a decent hour, and no funny business." Y/n playfully rolled her eyes at her brother's comment, not even turning around to see him in the doorway. He and Stefan grinned at each other, knowing the real reason why Klaus came up for Christmas.

~

Instead of using their vamp speed, Klaus and Y/n decided to enjoy a nice walk together. She looked around at the neighboring houses, Christmas lights of all different colors, lining peoples roof's, all around trees or mailboxes. Some Christmas trees were visible from people's open windows. On top of everything, a nice blanket of snow had covered the ground, reflecting the moonlight perfectly.

With her arm still linked with his, Y/n looked over at her boyfriend with a big stupid grin.

"What's that look for love?" He asked, smiling big as well.

"I just, I can't believe you're here. I thought you'd be spending the entire day with Hope and the rest of your family."

"Well, I did reserve a spot for you didn't I? It wouldn't be Christmas without you." He said, looking directly in her eyes, making her blush.

"I'm just really surprised, I didn't think you were gonna show." She said with a sadder tone. "The whole day had already gone by."

"Now, what day would even be a day if you weren't in it? It is hard not seeing you as often as we used to, but we manage." Klaus looked from her, back to the sidewalk in front of them.

"Yes, yes we do," she nodded. "Are we almost there?"

"Patience my love, patience." was all he answered with as they continued walking. At least 10 minutes must've passed before they came upon the town's giant Christmas tree. It was big, bright, and beautiful, full of ornaments and lights, with a big star at the top.

"Here we are," He smirked, holding an arm out to the tree.

"You brought me to the Mystic Falls Christmas tree?" She questioned, uncertain as to why Klaus would bring her to something she walks by almost every day.

"I just thought that this would be the perfect place." Klaus released her arm and she was now standing right in front of him. "I wanted to give you your Christmas present."

"Well, why'd you have to do it out here?" Y/n asked, a little worried since she didn't have time to get him anything.

"Well, I asked your brothers first of course and they gave me their blessings." Klaus removed his hands from behind his back and reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, diamond ring. She gasped in shock, placing a hand over her mouth.

"Merry Christmas love." Klaus grinned. "I wanted to get you something special and after looking at a handful of rings, I felt that this suited you best."

"Klaus, are you asking me to-"

"Marry me? Why it appears to be that I am. We've been together let alone know each other for quite some time now, so I thought that although this year hasn't been the greatest, maybe end it on a not so sour note. So with that out in the open, would you do the honors of marrying me, love?" Klaus ended his mini-speech and held the ring up closer to her face.

She was still in shock, eyes flooding with happy tears, but knew her answer immediately, "yes Klaus, yes." She held out her hand and he slipped the perfectly fitted ring on her finger. She then jumped onto him, wrapping her arms around his neck, she kissed him passionately. The hybrid placed his hand on her back, surprised, but not bothered by her actions. He cupped her cheek with his other hand as their lips moved in sync.

Y/n then pulled away after a couple of seconds, still crying tears of joy. "But, I didn't get you anything," she laughed, choking on her tears a little. Klaus started laughing himself, "Just being her with you love, you saying yes, now that's the best present of all." Y/n made a mental note at how adorable he looked right then and there. He was smiling brightly and his eyes were lit with joy. She also made a mental note to thank her brothers later for organizing this.

"What are you thinking about?" Klaus asked in a gentle tone.

"I just can't wait to spend eternity married to you." She smiled, knowing how long eternity was. She meant what she said, when the two were together, they were inseparable. And though living in different places was hard, they found a way to work around it. Soon enough, Y/n could move down to New Orleans with Klaus and the other Mikaelsons.

"And I to you my love, Always and Forever," Klaus whispered, intertwining their fingers, pressing their foreheads together, enjoying the moment.

"Always and Forever."

~

(A/n: Merry Christmas Everyone!!!🎄🎄🎄)