XVI

[AT THE SAME NIGHT]

You were enjoying the night view from your shared bedroom's balcony and thinking about your appa.

'What happened to appa? Why he didn't talk to me like before? He didn't even look at my eyes while bidding goodbye' you thought.

The senior maid came to call you for dinner and informed you not to wait for him.

"Y/n-ah, dinner is ready. If you want I'll start serving. He does that often, don't worry" she said with a smile.

"I'm coming Ajumma" the maid nodded at your response and went out of the room.

You were about to leave the balcony but halted when you heard a car honking. Unknowingly a smile took place in your face.

You run out of the room and went downstairs as quick as possible to see your husband.

Your smile dropped immediately when you made eye-contact with him.

His state is actually something you never thought will witness.  He looks too tired to step further without any support.

Blood dripping from the corner of his lips, bruises in forehead, cheek and knuckles are visibly painful.

His black shirt underneath the jacket was soaked in blood.

If the shirt were white, it'd be easier to see the amount of blood and you would surely lose consciousness.

He looked at your frozen figure and without saying anything went to bedroom.

"Argh!" you ran towards your bedroom hearing his groan.

You saw him stripping his jacket and brought the first-aid box from the closet.

"A-are you okay?" you asked him but didn't get any response from him.

"L-let me h-help" you said while watching him struggling with bruises.

"I can do that myself" he said without any expression.

You were scared by his appearance, so you decided not to bother him. You were about to leave.

"ARGH!" you turn towards him when you heard another groan from him.

"I t-told you-" you said and didn't think twice to snatch the first aid kit from him.

You can't watch someone's pain. So your concern took over your fear for him.

He kept watching you while you were too much concerned with treating his wounds.

"Done! Next time be care- " you stopped in mid-sentences when you found him looking at you so intensely.

The awkwardness took place between the two of you again.

His intense gaze is giving you goosebumps.

"I- I'll bring dinn-" you tried to say, but he cut off your words.

"No need. I lost appetite" he said and went to the closet.

[Flashback ends]

After that incident, most of the days jungkook stays outside or comes late at home and work the whole night in his study room.

The senior maid is the only person you were spending time talking with.

She is so friendly, yet you feel something off about her.

One day she confessed to you about her marriage life. Her husband actually dumped her with a son.

Her son is around your age, but he is not a normal person like others.