Chapter 22

Y/n's POV:

I hurriedly wore my heels as I took my phone in the other hand. If you wondered what happened, I was called in my office due to an issue.

That made me and Jungkook separate away from each other. I pouted as I walked out the room, Not able to see more of that bunny smile.

'Y/n, pull yourself together. He doesn't like you at all. He has a girlfriend already', My face scrunched my in disgust at the mention of her.

She did look like a slut during our first meet with Jungkook's father. Well, Appa. It does feel weird to call someone Eomma and Appa after a long time.

I was going to the living room to inform them about me going to the office tonight. I was them and Jungkook discussing something that made Jungkook hang his head low.

"Oh, Y/n you are here. Why are you all dressed up? Aren't you ready for bed?", She asked, scanning me from head to toe.

"Actually, there is something wrong in the office. So I need to check it up", I spoke hastily, wanting to go quickly to my office.

"Well then take Jungkook with you", Appa suggested. " I will come along, Jagi", Jungkook stood up.

I nodded, walking out of the house. I made my way to my car, unlocking it before getting in the driver seat.

 I made my way to my car, unlocking it before getting in the driver seat

Bugatti's La Voiture Noire. The world's most expensive car.

It costs $18.9 million.

"Woah! Nice car Y/n", Jungkook exclaimed.

"Thanks", I said, not knowing what else to say.

It was the first time he had appreciated me and it was an awkward silence then.

"You seem to have a love for cars" Jungkook said and you hummed in response.

A few minutes passed as you started driving, in a deadly insane speed.

"Don't tell me that you're a car racer" Jungkook blurted out and you chuckled, smiling as you continued driving.

"Holy crap! You are?" he asked with slightly widened eyes and you nodded.

"Bike racer too" you said in a voice, audible enough for him to hear.

"Oh" Jungkook said. "Impressive" he mumbled. Damn! The only time he drove a bike was because he wanted to try.

You're a racer, while Jungkook couldn't even imagine him behind the wheel like that.

And you liked this side of him.

Then, Jungkook thought about Ara. The typical girl who wear tons of make-up while you did not even use a lip gloss.

Turning his head to the side, he looked at your lips which were naturally pink, soft and kissable.

"Did you ever think about getting married?" Jungkook asked.

For a second, you turned your head to the side, looking at him before concentrating on the road again.

"Nope" you replied honestly. "I planned on staying single forever. No pain. No heartbreaks" you said.

"But I wanted to adopt a daughter" you added with a small smile.

"You're definitely something" Jungkook said with a small chuckle as he turned his head to the other side.

And then he remembered about how Ara said that she hates babies and kids, adding that they're so annoying.

Again, he remembered how she complained to him this morning because he spent time with his mother, instead of her.

Jungkook could feel the annoyance and hatred Ara had in her voice while talking about his mother. Unlike you who considered his mother as your own.

_________________________________________________________