Chapter 15

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn

_________________________________________________________

Jia's POV:

"You wanna know my answer?", He asked. I nodded vigorously.

"I and my wife have decided to ............................".

"...... not agree to this marriage". 

"What? Why", I asked, holding my tears back. "Because

You are a gold digger and you will never be able to match our family status". He smirked.

 I fell to the ground, heart-clenching. I couldn't hear what he spoke about me or my family. So I ran away from there.

 I ran as far as my legs would carry me. My body ached but my heart ached more. Eyes turning misty and watering up even after wiping them a thousand times. At last, I came near a cliff. I fell to my knees and shouted. I cried. I wanted to end my life this second. Before I could take a step forward," Jia!", A faint voice calling my name.

It was none other than Jiyoo. But it wasn't gonna stop me. I took a firm step forward, making sure that my fear wouldn't get the best of me. I felt Jiyoo lift me off the ground and onto his shoulder as I punched his back to let me go. 

"Stop protesting, baby", His voice making clear that he was pissed off. I sat on his lap, burying my face in the crook of his neck as he asked the driver to move.  

Timeskip to my house:

I went inside my house, head hanging low. I followed Jiyoo as my parents were waiting impatiently for what happened. We sighed as I plopped myself on the couch, Jiyoo still standing. " What happened sweetie?", My mother's voice worried. "Actually-", I cut off Jiyoo and," THEY CALLED ME A GOLD DIGGER!", I burst out. "What?", My family gasped.

"I am sorry on their behalf", Jiyoo stood up. My family was beyond shocked. I cried into the cushion as Jiyoo pat my back soothingly. My father stood up and walked out of the house. My mother on the other hand joined along, crying with me. Jiyoo sighed and said," I'll give privacy", And left the house. 

My mother and I kept on waiting for my dad to come home but he didn't. It was almost 7 o clock in the night. I went to bed on, empty stomach cuz I didn't have the appetite to eat so did my mother. 

The next day I woke to see a horrendous face. It was mine. My eyes puffy, my nose red, My eye bags making it visible that I didn't sleep well. I didn't care about it anymore. I came downstairs to find no one. I ran into my parent's room to find my mother sleeping soundly. I caress her hair as tried to hold in my tears. Then the thought clicked on me.

My.

Father.

Wasn't.

Home.

Still.

Just then, The phone rang. I quickly picked up the phone only to hear Jiyoo.

In the call:

Jiyoo-Italic
Jia-Underlined

Hey! Is everyone okay?

My mum is but my dad hasn't come home still.

I will pick you up and we will search for him, okay?

Okay.

I hung up and went to my mother. I laid my head on her lap and cried myself to sleep. 

"Wake up, Sweetie. Jiyoo is here", I heard my mum say. I sat up rubbing my eyes and ruffling my hair. I hear him chuckle and hug me. I hug him with my head laying on his chest. 

"Let's Go", He told. I nodded. I saw my mum with a serious expression while talking to someone on the phone. Just when we were about to leave, My mum said,

"Jia, Your father......."

_________________________________________________________

Chapter 15 is completed, people! The rollercoaster of emotions is just starting. Vote and comment! Gamsahamnida!