━━━━ i

SHE COULDN'T BELIEVE it

leah gray - or noelle reid- would never wish death upon anyone no matter how evil or cruel they were.

except for jason porter.

she felt bad for having these thoughts about him- the thoughts of her shooting him to avenge the people that were hurt because of him and gregory campbell, the thoughts of her watching as the last bit of life was released from his eyes.

but now, he was actually dead.

hotch had called her early in the morning, telling her the news. he had called her "leah" for the first time since she was "still alive." he had always called her "noelle"- just in case for any reason someone had heard him talking to her on the phone like he did every night.

hearing him say her name after so long of being called another fake name was relieving. it felt right. of course, she loved the name "noelle," for the reasons that it reminded her of her favorite song, "teenage dirtbag" by wheatus. it also reminded her of her best friend spencer reid, who although at first loathed the song, it seemed to follow them everywhere they went- when they were in the car, at jj's wedding, anywhere. but it wasn't the same. she missed her real name- she missed hearing the name "leah gray."

she was going back tomorrow morning, which only meant a few hours. it was around 2am when hotch had called her to tell her the good news. instead of going back to sleep for a bit (considering her flight back home was at 9am), she decided to make a pot of coffee and start packing.

she didn't need to pack a lot. she left a lot of stuff behind when she moved, and whatever she still wanted to keep, just didn't want to keep with her in england (like photo albums, and some of her books) in a storage unit. she mostly only brought a few suitcases of clothes, some of her books- and that's about it. she had left all of her furniture at her old apartment behind. and that was actually okay- she always had a house back home to go back to. her parents had paid off her house and left it for her in their will- and since her parents died the house has been empty. the furniture was still left there, but no one had lived there for almost 15 years.

so she made the decision that when she moved back to america, she would live there. it would be like she was growing up all over again- which she kind of was. england was her new beginning, one she didn't even want. but now, over a year later, she could move back to america and start over. with the bau, with spencer, with everything.

she wasn't going to let her past get in her way this time.

2 hours and 4 cups of coffee later, leah was all packed. there were only maybe 6 small suitcases in total, which worked well for her considering there was now less to hold.

it was now 4am. the only thing she could do was wait.

but she couldn't wait. she didn't want to wait. she had waited for this day for the longest time- she doesn't want to wait any longer. she just wanted to see her friends. garcia, hotch. spencer.