━━━━ ii

"SO YOU'RE IN fbi school?" spencer reid asked leah with interest

"SO YOU'RE IN fbi school?" spencer reid asked leah with interest. "oh, uh yeah, i only have, like, 6 weeks left of training before i could actually get a job, though."

"well, don't be too worried." spencer could visibly see that the thought of becoming an agent made the girl nervous, and he wanted her to remain as calm as she could.

"well, that's easy for you to say," she replied, placing her arms on the cold, silver table in front of her. "considering you already are one." spencer looked down and smiled a little bit before looking back up.

"seriously, if you're right and daniel porter was responsible for the death of shayne parker, then you managed to solve a case that would have taken us days, in almost 5 minutes. that's pretty impressive."

it was leah's turn to look down and smile. "thanks, i guess."

spencer was about to continue when he got a call from hotch, which he answered immediately. it was muffled, but leah managed to hear "we need backup!"

reid stood up quickly, not saying anything. "w-wait!" leah screamed.

reid kept going. not knowing what to do, leah thought for a second before following him out the door. she watched him exit the station, and she followed suite, and although she didn't have a car anywhere close to where she was, she did have legs, and she ran after the many police cars that drove at almost 80 miles per hour.

she saw a group of teenagers with bikes, and decided to approach them, still determined to catch up to the police officers. after negotiating quickly with one of them, she managed to pay one of the boys off in exchange for their bike, and she lost $200 that day.

𖥸

𖥸

she biked as quickly as she could, and the only two cop cars that were in her sight soon stopped, and swerved, and then the police officers stepped out of the cars with their guns up.

leah threw the bike down and ran towards the crowd of police officers that surrounded daniel porter, who also held a gun.

looks like i was right, leah thought to herself.

she slowed her running down, stabilizing her heart rate. she recognized the few agents she had met- including aaron hotchner- who were surrounding the porter boy, negotiating with him. she couldn't exactly hear much, but she did hear something along the lines of "yeah, i did it!" from daniel.

"i said," the man leah recognized as the man who arrested her said, "lower you weapon."

it seemed as though daniel was slowly, very slowly, lowering his weapon towards the floor as he knelt down, but she saw anger in his eyes and she knew what would happen next.

leah started running again, quicker this time, none of the police officers being able to stop her in time, towards the fbi agents.

as if in slow motion, daniel raised his weapon once more, aiming and shooting in the direction of aaron hotchner.

but leah was quicker than him.

she pushed hotch out of the way before the bullet could reach him, the bullet instead grazing her left arm.

she heard another gun shot, and still on top of aaron hotchner, she looked up and over to see that daniel porter was shot in his chest by another agent.

"leah!" aaron screamed as he looked at her arm which was bleeding. "what the hell were you thinking? you could of been killed!"

"hey!" she replied. "i just saved your life and this is how you thank me?" she then quickly rolled off of hotch and grabbed on to her arm, which she only then had realized was in great pain.

she heard hotch quickly get up on his feet, and called for a medic to come take her to the hospital. she felt stares of many people on her, and she opened her eyes after wincing to see that almost every single fbi agent's gaze was set on her.

she made eye contact with the man who arrested her, the man who she would soon find out identified as derek morgan.

"wHat are you looking at?"