Some extra scenes I wanted to write

But never got to.

--

The original plot of the otome game went smth like this:

Lillian was but a simple girl. She was found on a beach, and put into an orphanage. The young girl can't remember anything, except her own name: Lillian.

Her surname was the name of the orphanage.

She was that kind hearted big sister to everyone at the orphanage, healing them when they fell, and led a peaceful life. Everyone just assumed she had the healing aspect of Water- Light Users of House Celeste had fallen after all.

Until the Testers came, she led a peaceful life. In normal circumstances, Testers wouldn't be coming around looking for people. But they needed talented Users, regardless of background, to fight against the demons and defend the country from their increasing number of attacks.

And a healer like Lillian is especially important. So she was invited to go to Arraxus Magic Academy.

She's going along with the village chief's daughter, and thought of her as a friend. But really, Grace just kept her around because she is an airhead.

On the way there, she and the village chief's daughter get attacked by bandits. The first choice: Move on or get kidnapped and get a game over.

Lillian keeps moving, and finds herself in a small farmstead. She seeked shelter there, and was offered a ride to go to the capital with the old couple's son. She agreed.

On the way there, it rains, and Lillian shrinks away from the dark. The players get some exposition on Lillian, how she was found on a beach on a stormy night, with no memory other than her own name.

She stayed awake until day came.

But in the Novel:

The current Lillian reacts more violently than the canon one, because she remembers everything, from being chased to hiding and finding her mother's dead body. Everything. She is able to suppress it, but it was a particularly violent storm and it still terrified her. Lillian was having a terrible nightmare but Camellia shook her. Lillian screams and grabs the black haired girl, choking her. But her hold was weak, and she was trembling.

I really, really need a neck guard.

Camellia covers Lillian's ears. She flinches, but seems to calm down. Thunder rumbled as lightning crackled outside the cave, and Lillian shakes at every sound, but having the hands cover her ears seemed to calm her down.

Her ears felt so cold.

Lillian thought the palms covering her ears were warm. Just like how her mother's was when she covered her ears during thunderstorms. Lillian had always feared storms...perhaps because a part of her knew that it would be during a stormy day where everything would be taken from her.

Children of the Stars always knew.

"Whatever you're thinking of, you're not there right now."

The white haired girl stills.

"Lillian. Open your eyes." Camellia calls. "Look at the light and forget the darkness."

(Sorry for stealing your line, Arius.)

She does, seemingly golden eyes staring into deep blue ones.

They reminded Lillian of the ocean depths, of a dark night sky- it was things that Lillian feared to no end.

She looked up. Lillian saw a faint light coming from the almost dying fire.

"Eek!"

It took her awhile before she finally noticed she was choking the girl underneath her.

"Took you long enough." Camellia didn't get up, merely turning on her side. "I'm going back to sleep..."

"E-eh?? I...wait, I'm-"

"If you're sorry for choking me in the middle of the night, then stop bothering me and let me go back to sleep. I'm tired."

Lillian feels extremely bad, and extremely confused as to why Camellia is so unbothered. Normally, people would be angry or terrified...or at least want an explanation as to why someone choked them in the middle of the night.

(Camellia knew anyways, so she didn't care.)

Not too long later, Miss fell asleep. Lillian could hear her breathing slow.

Lillian was left alone, as the storm rumbled on outside.

Look at the light and forget the dark.

A gust of wind extinguished the weak flame, and the entire cave was engulfed in darkness.

A small spark of light soon appears in the palm of Lillian's hands.

How could she forget?

A Child of the Stars never feared the dark, for it only made light shine brighter.

--

Extra 2: How Lillian met Lanre

Originally-

Felix and Lillian made it to the capital. They said their goodbyes, though Felix said she could visit anytime. Told her the store he ran, and she kept that in mind. Felix dropped her off at the inn/ restaurant, The Running Coin.

She went to find Grace.

(Felix is a side character merchant where they can get supplies and sell materials for cheap. Yeay. Finally not a throwaway character haha.)

Grace reveals her true colours, she basically gets thrown away. She has no money for the boat to get to the Academy so walks around dejectedly. Then she meets Lanre on the streets, about to get scammed. The peddler is trying to sell him a pink rock salt, saying that it is a lucky stone. Lillian speaks up against the scammer, and helps him. The peddler gets mad and Lanre steps in before anything bad happens. They leave the store together.

As thanks for helping avoid being scammed, Lanre offered to take her with him. 

In the novel-

Lillian did help Lanre as well, except she did it more discreetly. Acting as someone 'accidentally' bumping into Lanre, she whispered that the rock was a fake before quickly leaving.

--

The scene with Dan helping Lillian and Lanre find Camellia is meant to be an extra...but then I started writing and rambling and it turned into a full blown chapter. Ehe.

Never planned any extras beyond this point, because since I hadn't written anything out, there wasn't anything I wanted to 'add'.