XIII: Journey

Third POV

The first obstacle came in the form of a fallen tree on the first day.

"Damn!" Julian cussed out loud before quickly slapping a hand over his mouth, glancing towards a certain white haired girl to make sure she didn't hear him. He didn't want her to think he was ill-mannered, the girl who was his first love, the most gorgeous girl he has ever seen.

Lillian was her name.

What a beautiful name.

"Mister Julian?" The angel calls him and he immediately answers with a "Is there something you need, miss Lillian?"

Her charming golden eyes stared into smitten green ones.

"The tree, mister. Can you do something about it?"

He turns towards where she's pointing, mentally slapping himself out of his embarrassing stupor. Solve tree problem first, admire her later when he solves tree problem. Maybe she'd be admiring him for a change!

"I'll call for the City Guards first." Julian smiles reassuringly. "While waiting for them to come, I'll see if I can move the tree out of the way with my Nature magic."

"Alright then." She returns the smile. "Thank you."

"No problem."

The young man leaves, a communication rune in hand.

Lillian returns to the cart, retaking her seat...or at least intended to. Camellia had decided to occupy her space, sleeping extremely comfortably instead of the curled up position she was in.

"Really?" The white haired girl sighs at the sight. How rude of her, taking her place like that! Granted, she was asleep and didn't know, but still...

The white haired Heroine decides to head towards the tree, see if there was anything she could do.

Nothing, of course.

She soon went back when Julian told her to, squeezing beside the black haired miss and stared into the darkening sky. The young man tried to move the obstacle with his magic, but it was too large for anything to happen. He soon settles down as well.

When the City Guards arrived with equipment to saw and remove the tree, it was already the next day.

Camellia slept through the whole thing, not knowing that she had slept for an entire day.

No one told her either.

XX

On the second night, after a thankfully uneventful day, the group of three gets some rest by the road.

As the fire crackles, diminished by a slightly stronger gust of wind, Camellia feeds it during her watch. Everyone was soundly asleep and there wasn't anything strange afoot. The Merchant Pass had proved to be quite safe, especially with guards patrolling about the area.

The black haired girl lets out a long sigh as she stares straight into the fire.

"What am I going to do?" The black haired girl groans, curling up into herself, hooded head resting on knees. So the plot has finally kicked off, so it's time for her to start fixing what she had done and prevent world destruction, so she should put her plan into action.

Except she has no plan. Never one to have one anyway.

She has thought of one way though.

Try to reign the plot back into place.

There's no world destruction in the original story, save for a near one in Shadow's ending. No other Capture Targets have a route that came close, so all she had to do was keep the Heroine off of the guy's route and it'll be all good.