On The World of Arraxus: Demons

Demons are servants of the banished Evernight, previously known as the Mythics before being corrupted. They seek nothing but destruction and are born with an innate desire to conquer. Fueled by chaos, they take on many nightmarish forms: Ghouls with grotesque features, monstrous creatures with way too sharp teeth or too many limbs, things like that. However, they all have red eyes.

The more powerful demons have the ability to transmutate their limbs and shapeshift, though their powers and abilities can vary. From fire breathing for Hellhounds to Charmspeaking for Succubus. However, should Demons ever take human form, they will always have one or both of two features: Red eyes and/or black hair.

No race ever have red eyes (Only the more powerful demons can change their eye colour) and only people of House Nebulae have black hair (But they are usually well known so if you see someone with black hair you don't know, they are most likely a demon). 

Vaneras are the reigning Demons; Most vicious and most powerful among the demon species. They are considered the 'Original Demons'. They have high Affinities with Dark (the only non-human species to have it) on top of being able to transmutate and shapeshift into anything they want. However, they are most infamous for their Nightmare ability, which allows them to control an affected person by manipulating their fears.

Another ability most Demons have is Corruption: The ability to transform a creature, human or animal, into a Demon. It is normally 'transferred' by physical bites or injuries caused by the Demon and can only be cured by Light,  Arcane or amputation of the Corrupted limb before it reaches the heart, acting much like venom. 

Fortunately, the Corruption process is slow and can be cured. 

Unfortunately, the only cure, the Arcane Corruption Cure, is too expensive for commoners, having been made by the Royalty of Arraxus, the Crawfords. Additionally, it can only temporary hold back the Corruption for varying periods of time, depending on how badly the Corruption is. The true cure is Light Magic, only possessed by those of House Celeste, which had fallen from a sudden Demon Seige 16 years ago (from when the game started) and is supposedly extinct (I say supposedly because the MC has Light).

The Demon base is in the Yana region, the fallen land of the Mythics that have been corrupted all the way back during the First War by the Evernight. No ventures inside the region have been fruitful, all is known is that it is a dark, musty place littered with ruins and crumbled buildings. 

As one can guess, Demons are weak to Arcane, Light and sometimes Fire. They can be warded off by blessed talismans or kept away by Holy Water, but those things don't hurt them so to speak. Only powerful magic attacks and enchanted weapons can actually kill them. If downed by pure physical attacks, the most it would do is knock a lesser Demon out for a few hours.

A definite sign of Demon invasions are when an area becomes entirely blanketed in darkness, be it night or day. All sources of light are snuffed out, be it stars, moon, sun or candle light. Demons can only manifest their abilities in total darkness, making night time very dangerous.

(A/N: I probably will make changes to information sheets like these from time to time. Either a) I just thought up of the detail or b) I forgot to put it in. SO if there's something new, don't be surprised. Peace!

-X)