VI: Genesis

(A/N: Beware the cussing MC. Just a heads up. Also, a lot of conversation.)

Camelia's POV

Murderer.

The word echoes, rings, screaming inside my head. It wouldn't leave me alone, and I have already caved in to it.

Prince Arius was right after all.

Empress Mystra was not meant to die.

I killed her.

This was all my fault.

Everything was...

For the fifth time in who cares anymore day, I sunk back into a listless, tired and generally depressed state. I didn't want to move at all, the iron manacles on my hand are still in place despite being unlocked, my body feeling heavy despite me lying down. Gravity was so hard to work against, I would rather just stay and rot and starve.

"You're still there?" I heard the guard beyond the iron bars mutter under her breath. Something was thrown at me, a few pieces of bread and an apple, followed by distancing footsteps. The pristine food items joined a small pile of its slightly rotting kind from previous days. None were touched, I had no energy of the sort. Even breathing felt difficult.

Why has this happened?

Why has it changed?

Why am I the reason for it?

Why am I responsible for it?

My eyes slid shut, a single tear managing to escape.

I hate this.

I hate this feeling, this guilt.

It's eating me up whole and left me burning.

The same scene plays back in my mind, the Empress falling, her lifeless body, her broken corpse, black blood everywhere, resurfacing to torment me and not letting me forget a single second of it. Damn it, I just want to die. A peaceful happy afterlife. That's all I ask for.

Live...well...

Please just let me die now.

"And leave someone else to clean up your mess? How inconsiderate of you!'

What the actual fuck?

I opened my eyes, to find myself staring into a pair of wide, iridescent golden eyes that contrasted its black sclera. Cute, but creepy at the same time. Especially how they seem to bore into my soul. The kid was androgynous looking too, so I couldn't tell if they are a girl or boy.

"Can you get outta my face kid? Your hair is irritating."

"You are very rude!" The kid backs away and looks around, nose scrunching. "And very dirty. I thought Dear Mystra and Levin would teach you better hygiene practices than this."

"Dear...Mystra...and Levin?" I balked at his familiarity. Who is this kid?

"Ah. I must have forgotten to introduce myself." The kid bows -while floating in mid-air above me what the heck?- and snaps a finger, all the trash around me disappearing, then extends a hand towards me. "I'm Genesis, the god of this world."

"Oh." That explains his familiarity. I reach out to shake his hand. "Nice to meet you."

.

.

Wait.

.

"WHAT IN THE F-"

LANGUAGE!