XVII: Coming Through

Lillian's POV

I have no idea what Miss is doing.

"Step aside!" She calls out as she pushes her way towards the front of the line, with me in tow. I bow my head at the number of glares sent our way as she completely disregards the amount of people she crashed into. Really, I was forced to step on toes faster than I can apologise, and I am positive that my cheeks were glowing red from embarrassment.

I could see extremely displeased look on many of the people's faces, some don't even try to budge.

And to those that don't...

Miss shoves them aside, literally.

"Didn't you hear me? I said get out of my way!"

Ahhhh!!

I know that she's being chased, but there's no reason to be in this much of a hurry!

She's just attracting attention! Isn't that even worse?!

"I'm sorry." A guard stepped up to stop her from entering the tent once she had plowed her way to the entrance. "We cannot allow you to enter Miss, it would be unfair to those who had waited for so long."

She scoffs, taking a step towards the guard. "You think I care about them?" She tilts her chin up, seeing eye to eye to him, putting a hand on her waist, an aura of authority assaulting those around her with such aggressiveness that some stepped away. Even the guard, a full grown man, was visibly nervous. "Miss. Please respect your fellow applicants-"

"Respect them?" Miss breaks out in a laugh. "My, that is the funniest thing I've heard in a while! What did these common folks do to deserve my respect? I'm Melody Cassoniva, I was invited to go to Arraxus, yet this is how I am treated?!"

"M-Melody Cassoniva?!"

"The Lightning user that took out the Venom Fanged Werewolf demon in the East? That's her?"

"She's as fiery as the rumours say!"

...Miss, what are you getting yourself into?

"I refuse to stand out here in the sun, waiting for hours, just to get on a ship." Miss pushes on with her obnoxious impersonation. "Go call whoever's in charge right now! Or else..."

People jump away and gasp when lightning sparks from a clenched fist, tendrils of energy dancing about wildly around her.

"I'll invite him out myself."

"C-Calm down, Miss Cassoniva!" The guard hurriedly placates her. He looks to me, silently asking for help with his eyes. I can only offer him an apologetic smile. I have no idea what is Miss trying to do...but it's working. For now.

I need to find out so I can coordinate with her.

"Melody..." I tug on her arm, and the lightning dissipates in an instant. "I'm sorry about that, Mister, but may we bother you to call the person in-charge?"

"Right away!"

The guard escapes into the tent. Miss clicks her tongue, as if unsatisfied, staying right where she is. She throws a glare at the crowd that had gathered, and they quickly look away from her. Once that was done, she turned her attention to her nails. I tip toe so I could whisper in her ear. "What are you planning?"

She swats me away. "Nothing you should concern yourself with."

"...Melody."

She sighs. "Stop bothering my ear."