23.

after the cops, chase and maddie all left, rudy carefully helped star to bed, treating her like some fragile piece of glass which she really was like in the moment.

as soon as he had her all curled up and comfortable in bed, he stood up slowly to walk to the kitchen to grab her ice, but she soon reached for his arm.

"please don't leave me. can you stay?" she aske

"baby i'm not going anywhere. i'm grabbing you ice, okay?" he spoke and she nodded slowly.

he piled some ice from the freezer into a clean kitchen wash cloth and twirled it up into a knot at the top so it wouldn't spill out.

"here you are" he softly spoke, placing it on her face gently as she winced at the cold touching her tender bruising face.

rudy got into bed with her, softly running his hands through her hair as she lay next to him.

he leaned down and kissed her forehead, then her lips, then the tender bruise on her face.

"has he hit you before?" he couldn't bare to ask but had too.

"what?" she said

"noah. has he done this so you before?" he asked

"i-uh.." star started, but rudy cutting her off

"sorry, way to soon. i'm sorry i shouldn't have asked" he cleared his throat.

she moved up to lay on his chest with her good side lenses agaisnt him, rush holding the ice agaisnt her face as she got comfortable. 

"he did. quite a few times when he was angry. he would hit things around me or the apartment to get his anger out but one day he did it on accident he says but then it kept happening whenever we would argue" she choked out.

"i need to kill that bastard. i am so sorry he ever laid a hand on you. i shouldn't have left you tonight, this never would've happened if i left." he rambled

"rudy it's not your fault. and it's not mine. it's his. and he's gonna pay for it. okay?" she reassured

rudy stayed angry, even after she fell asleep. he only wanted noah dead but he couldn't do anything about it.

••

the next morning rudy and star stayed home, only having to go to set to shoot later in the afternoon as they had to shoot some last minute night scenes on the boat which star was fine to go film because not only would the makeup cover the bruise, it would be dark and not as noticeable on camera.

drew and austin arrived with rocky while the two were still in bed, rudy getting up while she watched netflix on her tv.

"hey bro" rudy smiled as he rubbed his eyes, not long after waking up

"rough night or something?" austin joked

"you have no idea" rudy said

"after-date sex! you get it man!"drew winked as him and austin walked in.

rocky pounced for stars bedroom door as soon as soon as she was let off her leash, scratching and whining until it opened.