06.

a year and a half ago.
star and rudy's shared apartment
📍los angeles

the two were both just 19 years old, living in LA together while they both started off their acting careers side by side.
by now they had been dating since the summer before junior year in high school, nearly 4 years strong, but the relationship was on its last legs at this point.

they had been arguing nearly everytime they saw eachother, both frustrated with work since they had been both full out with working the past few months, only seeing each other small amounts of the week, a little bit a day if they were lucky enough.

star had wrapped the show she was working on a few days ago, rudy still being at work all the time for multiple films he was working on.

"rudy? is that you?" she asked, hearing the front door slam closed.

she walked out of their shared bedroom,seeing rudy throw his crap on the kitchen island frustratedly.

he would usually finish late, but not this late so star was becoming worried for multiple reasons.

"hey babe- you okay?" she asked inching closer to him to hug him, not wanting to start another argument tonight but only wanting to improve and fix whatever had gone wrong between them.

she placed her arms around him, hoping he would hug back but only to be lightly shoved away, smelling alcohol from his breath.

"sorry- i uh made you dinner, it's in the fridge if you wanted me to heat it for you then we could maybe watch a movie or something, since you know, we haven't really been able to see each other lately?" she asked

"nah i'm going to bed" he said rolling his eyes and walking off

"rudy, get back here! i'm trying to talk to you!" she yelled, finally snapping and having enough with him.

"what, star?" rudy scoffed, leaning against the hall doorway.

"look i don't know what's gotten into you, okay! i'm trying to fix whatever went wrong between us, but you aren't really helping, you know! you're ignoring me, not wanting to be near me, fuck rudy, you're coming hone drunk! what the fuck happens to you, hell to us!" she shouted

"i've had enough! enough of your clingy-ness! i just need some space okay! i'm stressed with work and you aren't helping! fuck!" he shouted, making her flinch as he punched the wall out of anger, leaving a hole.

"you're drunk rudy, go to bed" she grunted, not wanting to be around him anymore.

"no! stop treating me like a fucking child, starlette! i'm sick of your shit, fuck i'm sick of us!" he said, storming towards the door, grabbing his keys.

"rudy don't you dare! if you walk out that door, it means you're not coming back. if you walk out of that door we're over" she said, finally making an end to it, knowing it may be for the best as how toxic their relationship was becoming.

he turned to look at her one more time, walking out meaning he wasn't coming back. which he didn't.

he didn't come back. didn't hug her to y'all her it was okay. tell her everything was going to be fine.

that never happened. not a last word, a last hug, a last kiss. nothing.

she then lived on her own in the small apartment for the remaining months before she met noah.

rudy stopped in a few times to collect his stuff while she wasn't there, not wanting to face the regret and guilt of leaving her. losing her over his stupid ass mistakes.

she later met noah, about a year later, the two hitting it off but not going straight into a relationship as she still wasn't a hundred percent ready for one after the break up with rudy, that literally broke her. she reacted terribly to the break up even though it was kind of her fault for telling him if he walked out they were done.

on rudy's half, it broke him too. he later lost the role on the show he was working on as he either showed up drunk or not at all due to hating himself for leaving star like that. he never wanted to become that kind of person, he never wanted to leave her. they were perfect together, high school sweethearts even. but sometimes it just doesn't work out for everybody.

they were the right people for eachother, just the wrong time, they both thought, which was the truth.

•••