44

"morning" star groaned as she walked into the kitchen/living area, to see rudy and all her friends look at her

"oh, good morning alright" chase said raising his brows, star feeling her heart sink as rudy looked back upto her as he sat on a barstool.

"enthusiastic, chase" she said, putting her hair into a messy bun as she walked into the kitchen where chase poured himself a glass of coffee before returning to the couch next to maddie.

star reached up to grab the last glass in the cupboard above the back counter, struggling to reach.

suddenly, she felt a hand wrap around her waist, moving her over to reach to grab it for her.

"thanks" she smiled, rudy looking down at her.

"does he?" she asked

"he knows" rudy whispered and shook his head with a laugh as she was written with shock.

"rudyyyy!" she whined quietly, looking over to see the friends distracted on the couch.

"don't worry. it's just him. he was being a smartass, he woke up and came out here and must've heard on the way past" he said lowly.

"he's never gonna leave me alone about this you know" she said starting to make her breakfast

"oh i know. that's why it's funny" he smiled and leaned against the counter next to where she stood.

"asshole" she muttered, leading him to smack her ass as he walked away.

———

the crew had more press to do that afternoon, and proceeded to go out for drinks that night.

"you okay baby?" rudy asked as she tied up her heels.

"yeah, it's just my first time going out- like this- since everything happened" she shrugged

"we can stay home if you're not ready? i don't mind, the others wouldn't either" rudy said, sounding more worried to go out then she was.

"no no- i am. trust me. i am. i'm excited. i just can't help but think about it" star sighed

"i'll be with you the entire time. i promise i won't leave you. not even if you tell me i'm being a pain in the ass" he stiffled a laugh, making her crack a smile.

"okay okay, you're all cuddly when you're drunk anyway" she said

"at least i'm not an asshole like some people" he shrugged

"that was such a dig. i'm not an asshole" she gasped

"no i didn't mean it at you" he laughed

"who?" she asked

"you know exactly who" he said

"he's not always bad. sometimes he's funny" star said

"the ubers here. we're all ready when you are" chase knocked on the door.