26

I woke up to a fresh aroma surrounding the bed. Unlike every other morning, this one was not filled with the freezing scent coming from the cold room. Instead, I was cozied up in an unexplainable cover of warmth.

I was only half-awake and my mind was still deep inside a dreamless sleep. I nuzzled my head deeper into the warmth and was met with a strong and hard surface.

Weird......

Wait-

And just like that my eyes snapped open.

I stared in horror at Alister's bare chest that my head had only recently snuggled closer to.

His weight was crushing my body as he laid wrapped around me in a protective stance. His arm was circling my waist while his legs were tangled up with mine. Most of his lower body covered mine, leaving only my neck and head not completely pressed up against him.

I stared in horror at his sleeping form. It made sense hw would still be asleep, it was only 3am after-all. My brain was already adjusted to the lack of sleep so getting up was no problem for me.

My face was deeply buried in his chest while his head was positioned above mine.  I could feel my breathing picking up pace as I slowly went over everything that happened last night.

Memories came flooding back to me right up to the point I was thrown on the bed and he climbed on top of me never once breaking the lock on our lips. It was when he moved on to my neck that I realized what I was doing. Thankfully, I stopped it in time because lord knows this situation would be a hell of a lot worse if I didn't. After our little...session, his arms never left my waist. Whenever I would try and get up and leave, his hold would get that much tighter and I would never admit this to anyone but it felt good to be in his arms.

The memories from last night were blurry but I distinctly remember the light stroking of my hair while we talked. I must have fallen asleep after that. How could I have been so stupid? This was the most irresponsible thing I had ever done and from the last few weeks, that is saying a lot.

I didn't even want to think about what would happen to me as soon as they find my bed empty and untouched. The rest of the serving girls will most definitely tell the guards and I had no idea what they will do.

The only choice I had left was to get out of here and beg the other girls not to report me if they haven't already done so.

But to get out of here? That would be a challenge.

Having no intention of waking Alister up, I gently tried picking up his hand that laid around my waist. It didnt even budge. His grip was too tight. With no luck, I proceeded to try and wiggle my way out of his reach.

Yes. Wiggle.

The mission turned out to be a moderate success as as soon as I had started shaking, his grip have up and he rolled his body to the other side.

I almost squeeled out of joy but had to contain my excitement. I slowly rolled out of bed and picked up my shoes that were right next to the edge. I tiptoed my way towards the door and happily reached the handle.

"Where are you going?"

Alister's voice resonated through me. Shit, how is it possible that all my well thought out plans always fail?

I should have known Alister would be a light sleeper. He was a Don for god's sake! Now who knows how long he has been watching me make a fool out of myself?

"Uhm, I'm just going downstairs for my breakfast." I replied.
Maybe I should have told him about what I was about to face but there was no time to waste. Plus, I really needed to get out of here. This was beyond mortifying and I had no idea what this would mean for us. Alister didn't seem too bothered about it. In fact, he looked happy. Huh.