17

Kedrick's POV

The Don stormed into the kitchen, the door barely surviving his loud attack as he made his way to the shocked guards that resided by the counters.

The entire room went silent and there was no set of eyes that wasn't focused on the enraged man that had just entered.
Even though most of the servants had never had the pleasure of seeing the Don in real life, the powerful aura that surrounded him made it more than obvious.

The fear in everyone's eyes were evident. The man that everyone had heard was the most powerful and merciless to have walked the earth just entered and he looked far from happy.

I watched carefully as he seemed to yell something at the guards. Even with the deadly silence, the room was large enough to make his words audible only for the few that got a front-row ticket.

I couldn't help but pity the guards. The men that used to terrorize us any chance they got now stood hopeless and terrified at the mafia boss's mercy.

One of the guards looked around the room, his eyes desperately searching for something as if his life depended on it and with The Don's infamous reputation, it probably did.
His eyes finally stopped the search and held signs of relief as they finally found their target.
He held his head down in respect and seemingly whispered something back to the Don as he pointed it a direction.

My direction.

My eyes widened as I saw the Don furiously stomping towards me. My entire form froze with my heart pounding more and more each second as the buff man seemed to only get closer and closer.

I anxiously looked around the packed room looking for some sort of explanation or help but all I got back were looks of pity. Nobody would dare interfere when the Don was involved without having a death wish.

My face paled as he was right in front of me and I closed my eyes and waited for the impact.

My heart was beating so fast and I was sure I was visibly trembling as my eyes refused to open. The anticipation was killing me and I was practically praying for my life.

It was only when I heard a muffled scream that I realized I had been surpassed. The powerful aroma that surrounded me only seconds ago was now gone.
I finally got the courage to open my eyes only to discover that I had been right. Mancini was no longer in front of me.

The scream reappeared again as I heard gasps and soft sobs echo around the kitchen.

I slowly set my foot to turn around, fearing what I was going to see but also unmistakably relived once it dawned on me I was not the victim of Mancini's fury.

And then I saw it. The Don was holding Warwick by the neck, punching the living shit out of him.

He threw him onto the ground, Warwick's already swollen face hitting the cold and empty floor. The Don landing another punch in his lower abdomen. With a rough kick to the stomach, the blood was flowing out of Warwicks cracked mouth.

"Wait. W-wait! What did I do?" Warwick screamed yet his voice sounded croaked and hopeless.

Mancini didn't reply as he kept lounging into him until Warwick had nothing else to say.
His body couldn't upheld the pain and it chose to go into a numb unconscious state instead.

The Don finally got off him making it obvious his plan was not to kill.

"Take him downstairs!" He yelled to his men that had now appeared at the kitchen while following their leader.

"Im not finished with him yet."
———————-

Everyone was too scared to even move. Even after he left.

It didn't matter who you were in the moment. Everyone was equally terrified as it was still unknown what Mancini's intentions were and no-one wanted to make the same mistake he did.

After a while, I started telling people to get back to work even though I, myself was not over what I had just seen.

Warwick's blood was still splattered around the kitchen serving as a constant reminder of what had happened.

I was in the middle of baking the chocolate chess cake when I was suddenly pulled into the storage unit.

Struggling to get out of the person's grasp, I yelled for help but my mouth was soon silenced with a hand covering my mouth.

The man shut the door and turned on the lights, revealing the face of my "kidnapper."

I glanced up in surprise at the older grayish man as he finally let go of my mouth.

"Father?" I said in astonishment as I fixated my hand over my jaw from my father's grip.

"I thought you said we could never be seen together and- wait what happened to your head?" I squealed as I noticed the huge bruise on the side of his head. Even in the shady light that the room offered, the injury looked almost inhumane.

"It doesn't matter!" He yelled back as he pushed me into the back of the wall.
"What the fuck happened in the kitchen?"

I made my eyes look away from the terrible bruising and focused on the question ghat I had been asking myself for the last hour.

"I-I don't know. He just came inside and started basically killing the poor guy."

"Think!" Father growled as he slapped the back of my head.

"I really don't know. He didn't even say anything he just started pounding into him and not in the good way." I explained but soon realized who I was talking to and I quickly added,
"Sorry. I don't know why I said that."

"You're fucking useless!" He called out as I landed a loud slap on the side of my cheek.
" Tell me something useful or I swear to god you'll end up just like that slut you call a mother."

I held my head down trying my best to ignore the remark.
"There was something." I say after a while.

My father peaked his head up in interest, suddenly feeling more interested in our conversation.
"The only thing I can think of is that he beat up this maid. Actually now that I think about it, she is his private maid."

"Alister's private maid?" My father inquired.

As I nodded slightly flinching at the use of his name. Noone was allowed to say his actual name and I was sure my father would cower away in front of him.

"But that doesn't mean anything, right? I mean, Kamala is just a maid and- No. I mean that's impossible. Alister wouldn't do all this for a maid. Would he?"

"I guess we're going to find out."

——————————-
Dont forget to comment and vote.