36

3rd person's POV

"Sir, a-are you sure this is a good idea?"Sadika asked from behind the table. Ever since they left, Alister had been in a fowler mood than usual and she had to be extra careful not to awaken the beast hidden inside him.

"Are the explosives prepared?" He sneered to the frightened looking guard in front of him, completely ignoring her question.

"Y-yes. Um, we've send them to the butler. T-two other guards tagged along to make sure e-everything runs smoothly. They're just waiting for your order, s-sir." He explained, looking everywhere but the feared man's eyes. He was aware that if he mumbled a single wrong word, he would be dead within a second.

The slim, metal door crashed open as Lord Tate had entered the room. The clubhouse they were staying in might not have been as luxurious as the estate most of them were used to, but it kept them hidden undercover while in what was formerly known as Moscow.

"Sir, the phone keeps ringing for you. Some guards from the estate." Lord Tate announced. "They've called 23 times in the last hour. It might be important."

"Don't answer. We can't take the liberty of someone tracking the call down. It's probably just Cullen complaining about me locking up his daughter. If there's one thing I don't need right now, it's hearing Cullen's screeching voice. He should be praying that I don't kill her for this disruption." Alister told him off as he casually layed down deeper against the sofa.

They were only hours away from bombing the Siberian mafia's hideout that resided in Moscow. They were informed Vasilyev would be there along with his most trusted and high-ranked men and women. The meeting was supposed to be a secret so not many guards were invited along to guard the place. It was the perfect time to strike.

"Very well then." Lord Tate answered as he sat down on one of the chairs that circled the table.

"I don't know about this. First we had to lock up Drakul and now Cullen. When is this going to end?" Sadika asked as she so graciously filled the seat next to Tate.

"Drakul should have known better than to try and go against me."

"You locked up his husband! It made perfect s-"

"I don't want to speak of this any longer!" Alister bellowed, cutting off Sadika from her speech and making everyone in the room tense up. It was common for everyone to be scared of Alister, but for the last few days, his temper rose higher than ever before, making life hell for each person that had to stand in his presence.

Alister took a long sigh before turning his attention back to the quivering guard, who had up to this point hoped his existence would go unnoticed by Alister.
"How strong are the explosives?"

"J-just as you ordered, s-sir. Not large enough to get noticed o-or small enough to cause minimal damage. I-It should blow up the building without a problem, my lord." He assured and kept his eyes locked with the floor.

"Just a few more hours then."
————————————-

Kamala's POV

The darkness still caressed my eyes as I conveniently closed them as it made no difference . Dirt was spread out across my thighs as I curled up into a dirty corner.
The only thing that was worse than being locked up in god knows where with nothing to see or hear,
was being locked up with a man who just tried to kiss you in god knows where with nothing to see or hear.

Kedrick was still trying to make conversation even after I very obviously expressed my lack of interest in talking to him. Me ignoring him was a big clue.