7. Sir Jung

"Wake up, wake up" a guard hit the bars of the cell with his staff to wake the prisoners up. "Everyone, line up! You only have one hour to complete your deeds and everyone should be back here by the end of it" a different voice, that Taehyung and Jimin identified as 'Sir Jung', commanded. 

This happened every morning, a couple of hours before the sun rose. Two guards accompanied the members of each cell so that they wouldn't try to escape while they were out of their cells. 

Taehyung and Jimin stared right into Sir Jung's eyes as the guards accompanied them out of the dungeons, just like they had done for the last three days. 

"Over there!" Sir Jung called out after watching them walk to the entrance of the dungeons. All the guards and the prisoners stopped walking and turned back to look at Sir Jung. 

"Those two spies from Alyndus. Bring them to me on your way back" he said. "Yes, sir" the guards who held Taehyung and Jimin said and bowed to Sir Jung and tugged them out before they could process what was happening. 

Taehyung and Jimin had gotten used to all the rough handling the guards did with them. So they didn't think much about it when the guards practically shoved them into Sir Jung's tent. 

"So, you are from Alyndus, huh?" Sir Jung asked. "N-No, sir" Jimin stuttered and looked at the floor. Sir Jung noticed Taehyung staring right at him and turned to return his stare. Taehyung immediately bowed his head and looked down. 

"Where are you from, then?" Sir Jung asked. None of them answered. They couldn't exactly tell him that they were from the 21st century. They would be thrown right back into the dungeons if they said that. 

"Aren't you going to start talking?" Sir Jung asked, but they stayed silent with their heads bowed down. 

Without any kind of warning, Sir Jung pulled his sword out and swung it dangerously close to their necks. 

"EOMMA!!" Taehyung and Jimin yelled at the same time and jumped back and fell right on their asses. "W-Wh-What are you d-doing?? W-We are n-not from Alyndus or w-whatever" Taehyung stuttered as the two of them scrambled backwards. 

Sir Jung didn't budge. He kept the sword close to their necks and stared at them for a very long time. The two of them couldn't stop trembling. They couldn't find it in them to talk back or yell at the man in front of them, either. He looked too scary for them to try anything. 

In fact, now that they thought about it, the King and the General looked pretty scary and intimidating too. It was just their big mouths and deluded brains that made them yell at them without thinking. If they had known their situation back then, they would have dug a hole in the ground and buried themselves in it right then and there instead of yelling at the King. 

"I know you are not spies. You aren't soldiers either. So tell me who you are and where you are from if you want to get out of the dungeons" Sir Jung said. 

"H-How?" Jimin mumbled. "Spies wouldn't have jumped back the way you did when I brought the sword out. They would have seen it coming. Soldiers wouldn't be trembling the way you are trembling right now. So tell me who you are and what you are doing here" Sir Jung commanded. 

Taehyung and Jimin looked at each other. Taehyung shook his head as subtly as possible and went back to staring at the floor without speaking anything. 

The small exchange didn't go unnoticed by Sir Jung. He knew for sure that these people weren't actually dangerous. They looked too innocent and scaredy to be of any danger to them. 

He had had a long talk with the second Prince, Kim Namjoon, the previous night. Namjoon had voiced out his thoughts about those two people being innocent when Hoseok brought the topic up. 

"The way they behaved with us at the beginning seemed as if they didn't even know who we were. Jeongguk told me the same thing. It took a long time for them to realize that we weren't acting. They kept calling us actors. It was really strange. I really don't think they mean any harm. Look into it if possible" was what he had said. 

Sir Jung had noticed something strange too. None of the prisoners would dare to look him in the eye. Mainly spies or war prisoners. Because they generally knew what was going to happen to them once the war ended. 

But those two new prisoners never failed to look him in the eye. It was as if they still didn't realize their situation. As if they didn't know what was going to happen to them soon. That made him think that maybe, just maybe, they weren't actually what the King thought they were. 

That was what made him call them to his tent that day. With a small test with his sword, he confirmed the fact that they were neither soldiers nor spies. But they weren't revealing anything else either. And that made Sir Jung determined to know more about those two mysterious war prisoners. 

After another couple of minutes of silence, Sir Jung lowered his sword and gestured to the guards to take them back to their cells. The shock of having a sword at their throats had made their faces pale and legs weak. Thus, their legs buckled the second they stood up. 

"Sorry" they mumbled and held on to one of the pillars that were supporting the magnificent tent. That action brought another frown to Sir Jung's forehead. 

'Definitely not spies or soldiers' he thought and watched them as the guards escorted them back to their cell. 

He sighed and walked towards Namjoon's tent. "His Highness is getting ready for today's fight, sir" one of the guards outside Namjoon's tent said. "No problem" Sir Jung said and walked into the tent. 

"Namjoon-ah" he called out and sat on one of the magnificent seats in the tent. "Ohh, Hoseok-ah. Give me a minute. I am almost done" Namjoon said as he strapped his armour on. 

"What is it?" he asked after sheathing his sword into its scabbard and strapping the scabbard to his armour. "It's about those two prisoners you told me about yesterday" Hoseok said. 

"Ohh. Wait. Let's call Jeonggukie before talking about them" Namjoon said and walked out of the tent to ask the guards to call Jeongguk. 

A couple of minutes later, a guard walked in to announce His Majesty's arrival.

Jeongguk waited for the guards to walk out before relaxing his posture and greeting the two men who were a part of the innermost circle of the people he trusted the most. 

"What is it, hyung?" he asked after sitting down on one of the seats in the tent. "It is about the two spies we threw into the dungeons a few days ago" Hoseok said. 

"You want to talk about the prisoners in the middle of a war?" Jeongguk asked, raising an eyebrow at the two of them. "They are not spies, Jeongguk. No matter what we are doing or how busy we are, we should make sure that we don't punish innocent people" Hoseok said sternly. 

"Right. Tell me about them, then" Jeongguk said and thus began Hoseok's narration of the whole incident that had taken place a few minutes ago, along with the conversation that he had had with Namjoon the previous night.