19. I don't know!!

I wanna clear smtg. In Guk Du isn't Namjoon's lookalike. Only their backs look alike. Their faces don't. 

***************************

"Woah, after so long!!" Hoseok exclaimed as Jeongguk walked into his room, looking all tired with huge bags under his eyes. 

"I know, right? It's been two weeks, right?" Jeongguk asked, pulling a chair towards Hoseok's bed and flopping onto it tiredly. 

"Yes. You look really tired. Have you been sleeping properly?" Hoseok asked, sitting up from his bed and looking at Jeongguk with worried eyes. He knew that Jeongguk tended to overwork without taking proper care of himself. 

"Not exactly, hyung. Merging the two Kingdoms is harder than I thought. The people of Alyndus are happy that their King died and I took over, but the Ministers of that Kingdom aren't exactly pleased with the outcome. I have to be careful if I don't want them to scam me and the people" Jeongguk said and sighed loudly. 

"Ohh god, that is going to be hard, isn't it? Remove those ministers and appoint new ones who are going to be loyal to you instead" Hoseok said. "That's what I am doing. That's why they are protesting so much. I'm already sick of it, hyung" Jeongguk said. 

Hoseok hummed sympathetically and remained silent for a while. "Can't we just say Yoongi hyung used some rare herbs on me and that I healed faster than anyone could ever expect? I want to come out and help you" he said. 

"No, hyung. You don't know how horrible your situation was. No one can become normal from that situation in just two weeks. It will look really suspicious" Jeongguk said. Hoseok sighed loudly. "Right" he said. 

"Are those two coming to visit you regularly?" Jeongguk asked after a while. "Who? Taehyung and Jimin?" Hoseok asked. Jeongguk hummed and nodded. "They are coming every night. They are really nice people, you know? I really like them" Hoseok said. 

"Oh.....did they come tonight?" Jeongguk asked. "Not yet. Why?" Hoseok asked. "Nothing. I've just been feeling weird arou-....I mean, I don't know, something abou-....leave it. I'll come back some other time" Jeongguk said and got up to leave. 

Hoseok frowned at Jeongguk but didn't force him to complete what he had been trying to say. 'He'll tell me properly when he is comfortable with sharing whatever it is that's bothering him' he thought and dropped the matter. 

"Ohh, wait! What are you planning to do next Wednesday?" he asked, making Jeongguk sit back down on the chair. "What's there next Wednesday?" Jeongguk asked, his eyebrows drawing in to form a frown on his forehead. 

Hoseok's eyes widened and he barely stopped himself from getting off the bed to smack the shit out of Jeongguk's head. "Don't tell me that you forgot your first anniversary!!" he exclaimed. Jeongguk's eyes widened as well. "Ohh!" he exclaimed. 

This time, Hoseok did get off his bed and smack Jeongguk's head. "Arghh!!" Jeongguk exclaimed, rubbing his head harshly. 

"You deserve it!! How can you forget your first anniversary?? Listen to me and keep everything aside and start planning for it" Hoseok said. "It's an utter waste of time, hyung. It's not like I love her or anything. We are not even leading a proper married life" Jeongguk sighed.

"THAT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH HER NO MATTER WHAT SHE DOES!! WHAT ELSE SHOULD SHE DO, HUH?? TELL ME!! SHE IS DOING ALL THE THINGS THAT EVERY OTHER GIRL DOES TO PLEASE YOU AND NONE OF THEM SATISFY YOU!! WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED FROM HER, HUH? WHAT ELSE!!" Hoseok yelled, losing his mind after hearing how reckless Jeongguk was being about his wife and their first wedding anniversary. 

"I DON'T KNOW, ALRIGHT?! I REALLY DON'T!! I DON'T KNOW WHY I NEVER FEEL GREAT AROUND HER, I DON'T KNOW WHY I NEVER FEEL THE PLEASURE THAT YOU ALL TALK ABOUT NO MATTER WHAT SHE DOES, I DON'T KNOW WHY THE THOUGHT OF BEING INTIMATE WITH HER DISGUSTS ME!! I DON'T KNOW, EITHER!!" Jeongguk finally burst out. 

"I'm trying too, hyung. I am trying my best even though nothing about her pleasures me ever. Even though it just makes me feel bored, I am trying almost every night, but it never works!! 

I don't know why all of you love taking her side in this matter, but please try to understand my point of view too! Being intimate without feeling anything is worse than being alone, you know? I'd rather just live alone than do all of this without actually feeling anything" he said, desperately hoping that Hoseok would try and understand his position too. 

Hoseok sighed loudly. "I get it, Jeongguk. But think of her too. She left her family at such a young age just because her father asked her to. She is literally living in this palace for you. 

She could have led a happy life in her own Kingdom, Gguk. But she is here just because her father told her that she was supposed to live her life as your wife from then on. 

Don't you think she deserves at least a little love from the person she has sacrificed everything for? I don't know why you don't feel anything even after a year, but at least try to love her as a human if not as a wife" he said. 

Jeongguk sighed again. "I know that, hyung" he said and spaced out for a while. "I'll just go and plan for the anniversary" he whispered and left the room without another word. 

Hoseok heaved another huge sigh and settled back on his bed. His mind travelled back to all those times when he found Jeongyeon crying in the garden because she failed in pleasing the King once again and ended up getting scolded by him. 

He always felt pity for the poor girl. She was trying her best, after all. No one understood why Jeongguk never felt anything even after she tried her best. But none of them liked the way Jeongguk treated her because of that. 

No matter what, no one deserved to be treated like shit for something that they never did, right?

A loud knock brought him out of his thoughts. "Come in" he said and smiled at his daily visitors. 

"Ssup, hyung?" Jimin asked, settling on one of the chairs beside Hoseok's bed. 

"Huh?"

"I mean, what's going on?" Jimin modified. 

"Nothing much" Hoseok said and sighed once again, failing to notice the look that Taehyung and Jimin exchanged when he sighed.