Chapter Five - Miko. Need I say more?

I must've drifted off, that tends to happen more than I'd like to admit... But when I woke up, Arcee was ranting about cons. Strange, cons didn't usually come this close to Jasper... unless they were looking for something... or someone. Hopefully it was just a coincidence.

"And the cons would've been scrap metal if I hadn't been distracted by the human." Arcee practically rolled her optics with her condescending tone.

"Human?" Optimus asked. Clearly, this was the first the Prime had heard of this incident. Bee buzzed and held up two fingers. "Two boys?" He repeated just to ensure he got the information correct. Good, no one I know was involved.

"I guess... a second one caught us in action... I don't know." Arcee said, though she wasn't really sure. Figures. She never was... overly compassionate according to Cliff. "Was a little busy at the time." She seemed to glare at Bumblebee.

"If the decepticons are targeting us, anyone perceived as our ally will be at grave risk." How fun for the defenseless humans. I yawn and glance at my arm. It's late. Though, Mom and Dad already know I'm not home and they haven't tried calling. Chances are they won't for another couple days, I've told them to text first and if I don't respond after a few hours then to call, just so that if I happen to be hiding, a phone call won't give me away. I lean back against the rafter and sigh quietly, allowing myself to drift into a light sleep.

So then I wake up and just hang out on the rafter trying not to be noticed by the giant robots I'm totally not kinda deathly afraid of meeting... although it is super fun to mess with Ratchet. So yes, I have done this before, thanks to Cliff. It's fun to make little washers and drop them onto his head only for them to disappear a second later. He gets so frustrated it's great, but he's not at the computer so I have to make do without antagonizing him. At about two, I got a text from Mom asking if I'd be able to pick up Miko from school. Haha... unless Fowler arrives in the next twenty minutes, not a chance. So I answer no. To be honest, I sorta forgot Miko even existed. I ended up spacing out for about an hour, when I glance at my arm, Mom texted me again, this time asking if I can get ahold of Miko. Sheesh, considering how much they worry about me, this is like next level obsession. Then again, Miko isn't their daughter so they probably have to make sure she doesn't die... I just do that bit for myself without them. Too bad I don't have her contact info. So I again respond no. Then I give an excuse so I don't get lectured when I eventually get home. I thought Fowler came by like every other day. Cliff seemed to imply that. Bee and Arcee drive in. Supposedly with humans. I peer over the edge of the rafter and stare.

Miko.

"I thought there were two." Ratchet said as he walked over to Bulkhead.

"Haven't you heard?" Arcee asked, sounding even more annoyed than I thought possible. "Humans multiply."

Miko instantly ran up to Bulkhead. This is bad. Miko was supposed to stay in my house, not the autobot base. She doesn't know how to stop talking or read a room. The boys both looked familiar. Great, one's in my homeroom. I think the other is my ex-boyfriend's little brother. Ra... something. He asked something that made Ratchet scoffed and roll his optics.

"Pa-lease." He groaned just before a large rattling. I suck in a quick breath as I hide against the rafter even though there's no way they'd imagine someone up here as Optimus Prime walked into the room. Oh please don't see me...

"We are autonomous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron." Oh, so that must've been what Ra-something said. "Also known as autobots." The one in my class stepped forward and spoke, not that I can hear. A one sided conversation with Optimus is good enough to get the gist. "To protect your planet from the Decepticons." Yippee-doo-da, doing a great job, that's totally why I wasn't kidnapped.