Chapter Twelve - Everyone is Stupid Sometimes

I slam my car door shut and walk towards the school. My arm beeped and I pulled out my phone to see a transmission from Starscream. I head to the bathroom and lock myself in a stall before pulling up my sleeve and pulling off my fingerless glove. A transcript of the transmission appeared on my arm and I scrolled through it.

"Quickspark, when are you going to report on your findings about the autobots?"

I sigh and send one back, muttering, "soon." I get a response almost instantly.

"Today? Good. I expect to see you soon."

I groan as the location of the warship is sent to my arm. Not what I wanted to do today... But, if I don't... then he might come looking for me and that would be bad. I should just go. I sigh and leave the stall. I pass Miko as she's walking in.

"Where are you going?"

"Left something in the car." I lie. Her attendance is bad enough without knowing I'm leaving before first period. I cross the street and get in my car. I head to the outskirts of Jasper and park my car behind some rocks. I get out and throw down a jet that forms around me. It takes off and I sigh. Starscream better have some energon for me...

* * *

I land on the deck and walk towards Starscream, who'd been waiting for me. "Ah... Quickspark." I narrowed my eyes. He sounded like he had something up his sleeve. "Come with me." He turned and led me into the ship. I followed him, if I needed to, I'd be able to phase into the wall and steal some energon... maybe... I glance at my arm and notice the blinking that told me my energon levels were low, low enough that I wouldn't be able to defend myself for long... or maybe even at all.

"Where are we going?"

"You shall see..."

I could just barely see the smirk on his face and I could feel a knot of worry form in my stomach. We walk into a small room, well, small for a con. There was a small steel slab lifted up in the center and strange tools were lined on the walls. I know this room... Before I could place how I knew it, Starscream snatched me from the ground and slammed me onto the slab. The breath was driven out of me and the weight of his palm kept me from gaining anything. I was forced to stare at his face.

"Why did you delete the plans?" He hissed.

"Where did you get them?" I snap back. One of his fingers stabbed towards my face, slicing my cheek. I could feel blood dripping down my face into my hair. Ugh, now it'd be sticky.

"Don't be so snarky, dear Quickspark, it won't end well for you."

The knot tightened with fear. He had laid a trap for me. And I'd fallen straight into it. I'm an idiot.