Chapter Six - So, I'm an Idiot Occasionally

I ended up drawing everything I'd seen all night and didn't get much sleep... or any for that matter. And my arm seems to be having a growth spurt so I'm already being constantly drained of energon. And after a week, my energon stock is basically nothing. Ra-something has a computer... and I think he's accessed the base's harddrive before... I mean, I don't know if he has or not, Miko has been incredibly tightlipped and just talks about how she's finally made friends. But won't tell us anything about them... well, at least, nothing about the robotic ones.

Anyhow, none of that is overly important. Basically, I'm out of extra energon and have been drawing for a week so my brain doesn't explode. Plus... Mom and Dad didn't even bother me about school since well... they knew I lost someone.

The final bell rang and I walked out. I'd paid attention during roll call and saw Miko talking to Jack Darby. Ra-something was also with them. Ra... ra-what? I started walking over and heard a few bits of their conversation.

"It'll be fun Raf!" Miko said with a grin. Raf. That's right. It's short for... Raphael. Right.

"I guess..." Raf mumbled. Clearly they were talking about doing something stupid, knowing Miko. "Oh, hi Chrissy." Raf said, looking up at her.

"Hey, Raf." I say with a smile. Miko glanced at me, then at Raf, then back.

"Wait, wait, wait," Miko said. "How do you two know each other?"

"She dated my brother." Raf answered.

"Until he decided to go to college in Oklahoma. The distance killed it, afterall, it's not like there's some fancy bridge that'd just let me walk there in five minutes." Yes, I was baiting them.

"Oh, that's funny." Miko said, "because—" Jack elbowed Miko.

"Because there's clearly never going to be anything like that!" Jack finished with a forced life. I looked at him like he crazy. He might be, you never really know.

"Anyways, Raf, do you think I could borrow your laptop for a minute? I just need to look something up real quick!"

"Uh, sure." He pulled it out of his backpack and handed it to her. "But my ride's going to be here really soon."

"Thanks! It'll only take a minute or two, don't worry!" I sat on a bench and accessed the former drive connections. I just needed to find the energon mines, autobot or not, preferably not. I don't need to run into anyone. After a minute of searching, I pulled up the location of one that had recently popped up on the sensors... It was about four aways... if I took a jet. Which wasn't unreasonable... if I used up the last of my energon stock. I closed the screens as I saw Bumblebee pulled up. I closed the laptop and handed it back to Raf.

"Thanks again Raf!" I say cheerfully before walking away. I know Miko'll interrogate me later for it, but maybe she'll slip up and say something about the groundbridge.

Around midnight I sent my mom a text around midnight, saying I was heading out for a day or so. I threw my three energon shards into my backpack and climb out the window. It's the easiest way for everyone to not be woken up, our floor is SUPER squeaky.

"Where are you going?" Miko's voice floated from above me. I glance up, already halfway down the trellis.

"Out." I continue climbing down.

"To meet your boyfriend?"

"No, Vince is busy." I lie. We weren't dating. Anymore. Sorta. It's complicated.

"Wait, you're dating VINCE?!" Miko practically shouted.

"Yeah, sure, just keep your voice down, you'll wake up Mom and Dad."