Chapter Eleven - Being Human

I should've stayed in my cave. I should have never let Cliff talk me into living with humans. Afterall, I'm not even human. Well... not all human. My metal, which was once barely larger than a bracelet... is now my entire forearm.

If I didn't have a bot right now, I would be running back to the cons. I've gone through so much energon and I'm still exhausted. It's been... how long has it been... probably two or three weeks since Miko found out I'm a cyborg. I still have the plans floating around my head of the requiem blaster. But the more I thought about it... the less it made sense. Not even Optimus is strong enough to lift it... So then why did the plans seem like they would work... and where did he get them?

"Sparks, are you sure you're good?" Wheeljack asks. I slowly twirl on the line connected to the ceiling. I stare at his optic.

"I told you, I'm fine." I say, though I've been hanging from the line upside down for an hour. My feet clamped on either side of it. If I were wearing red and blue, I could make a joke about being like Spiderman, but I wasn't, so I didn't, besides, Wheeljack wouldn't get it.

"You just said all that outloud."

"All what?"

"Your thoughts."

"Oh..." I say. "Where did Starscream get the plans?"

"We don't know." Wheeljack sighed. "Would you get down? Your head might blow."

"My head is fine." I frowned as I looked at the ground. My head spun and a soft groan slipped from me. "Ow..."

"What?"

"What what?"

"Sparks. Go home." I probably should, but Miko was there and my head ached. Wheeljack held out his hand and I dropped onto it. It was like my head was emptied as my vision swum for a minute. I blinked as it disappeared. "Do I need to drive you there myself?"

"Drive where?" I ask. Had my brain finally reset? Or was it the blood going back to normal? I blink again and sit up, almost rolling off his hand. "Where do you think he got the plans?"

"Uh... what?"

"Where could he have gotten the plans?"

"Who cares?"

"If he got them once, could he get them again?"

"Sounds like a question for Optimus."

"No!" I whine, sliding to my knees on his hand as I stared at him. "No autobots. I told you."

"Then go home."

"I am home. This cave is where I live."

"Go to your human home." I groan and flop backwards as Wheeljack transforms. I hit my head on the headrest.

"They'll just worry."

"At least let them feed you before you run away again."

"I don't run away..." I say quietly, my eyes slowly closing. "I just... hide for a little while..." I mumble as I fall asleep.

"CHRISSY!" Miko practically screamed. I grab the door and slam it closed to protect myself from one of her hugs. Miko leaned against the glass. "Jackie, she's not coming out!"

Wheeljack opened the door and Miko pounced, her arms around my neck in a heartbeat.

"Stop strangling me." I groan.

"It's called a hug, silly."

"RULE FIVE MIKO! DO YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO JAPAN?!" She rolled her eyes as she dragged my out of the car and into the house. "Rule. Five." I hiss.

"As soon as I got back you left and that was WEEKS ago!"

"How many?"

She shrugged. "Like two or three."

"And if Mom and Dad aren't worried then there's not a problem."

"But I have questions..."

"And I have an energon shortage, we all got problems." I walk towards the stairs.

"Why are you a cyborg?"

I freeze.

"Can you tell me?"

"No." I answer before running up the stairs. I collapse onto my bed and leave my face in my pillow. I can barely breathe, but at least I can't feel my tears. Why did I have no problem telling Wheeljack? Becoming a cyborg... I had no control over it... Being human... I shouldn't have tried... Life is easier as a con... No one to get attached too... Only to hate. I take a deep breath as I push myself up. Megatron, is this what you had planned?