Chapter fifteen

The elder was coming. Stella was hidden up on her perch, while Kai and Lilac were curled together in their small den, Kala and Leo between them. Ivy was hidden somewhere out of sight while Lorant was preparing for elder Tiani's arrival, setting out a small selection of Kymari food.
"Ivy?" He called, noticing that she wasn't in sight, before checking outside. "Ivy? Where are you, the elder will arrive soon."
"I will be inside when they arrive, until then, I'll be here. Don't worry!" Ivy flew up, grabbing a few pieces of fruit for the others before depositing it in front of the door. She chuckled, before taking off again and flying through the gate, the lock still broken from the other day, and heading over to a road near the park.
"Ah, sunburst berries, freshly picked." She left a few for the wild dragonets before taking flight again and heading back towards Lorant's dwelling. As she arrived, she heard a small pinging sound, but ignored it as she pushed through the gate, into the large yard. She let out a playful growl, before depositing the sunburst berries by the door and flying to perch above it while she waited.

                         —————————

"Lorant?"
"What Ivy?" He called
"The elder is almost here, could you open the door?"
Lorant strode over, letting Ivy in before heading over to the front entrance.
"Elder Tiani, welcome to my dwelling."
"It is my pleasure Lorant. How is your fire lizard?"
Ivy looked up at the elder, curious, and flew up too Lorant's shoulder before letting out a purr.
"She seems nice."
Lorant reached up, unconsciously finding the itchy spot between her wings that she could never reach.
"She has healed completely, faster than the smaller fire lizards, although they were unable to find out why."
"Curious," Tiani replied, reaching over, "may I?"
"If she lets you."
Ivy rubbed her head against the elder's hand and let out a small purr, before chirping at Stella
"Come on, she's really nice!" The elder watched in surprise as Stella flew down to land on Lorant's other shoulder , before smiling faintly as they bounded over towards the door, and straight through it, too play.