Chapter 18

Ivy rolled over, feeling sick,managing to open her eyes and stagger to the far corner of the sandy tray, before her stomach decided it no longer wanted to hold her last meal, emptying itself onto the sand. She coughed, before heading over to the water dish on the other side of the tray, gulping most of it down before she began to feel better.
"What happened, Lorant?"
She called through a private mindlink, confused of how she'd ended up here
"You almost died, either from a Colubis bite or smoke inhalation."
He walked into the room, holding a bowl of mashed Shia fruit and chopped sunburst berries, and placed them next to her, letting her curl round to eat it more easily.
"What was that thing? It looked like a snake, but with more heads."
"It was a creature that appears along with the sicora. None have been spotted in years, and it is a bad thing that they're appearing now."
Lorant sat, watching as Stella padded into the room, heading over to the heat lamp and staying near Ivy, although not too close.
"I thought we'd lost you Ivy. Please don't do that again."
"I wouldn't want too."
The two dragons moved slightly closer, Ivy wrapping a wing around Stella, before yawning, tired again, as Kai and Lilac were carried into the room by melari and placed under their heat lamp with their hatchlings.
The two curled up, as Kala and Leo chirped up at the kymari female, wanting food, and getting it. Ivy unwrapped her wing, before padding to the thickest part of the sand and burrowing slightly in, before curling up and drifting off again, Stella following soon after.

Kala's POV
She stood up, opening her wings, before padding over to the edge of the tray and beating her wings until she lifted off slightly, then glided to the ground below while the kymari weren't looking. She headed under the couch, sniffing around for something to play with, and finding a small, shiny round thing stuck to the bottom of it. She pulled at it, and started growling when she couldn't get it off, before letting out a satisfied purr as she finally got it, and heading out from under the couch. She padded over to Lorant, her tail slightly wagging, and dropped the thing at his feet, before letting out a yawn and curling up on his shoe.
"Found a shiny thingy. What is it?"