~4~

"Yeah!" I said, excitement clear in my voice.
   "Alright." Tom said looking at me calmly, a smile on his lips.

We walked towards a room and opened it. I gasped before I had time to react, a grey pitbull knocked me to the ground. I began laughing hysterically as the dog licked my face repeatedly. Tom laughed too, then he pulled the dog off of me.
    "Sorry bout that, love." he said as he helped me up "That was Tessa." he said brushing me off. "Oh, where did she go?" I asked looking around, "I am not sure, maybe she went to the kitchen." He said shrugging.
    All of a sudden, I heard a terrifying bark. My head snapped towards the living room and something black caught my eye. Then a massive pitbull jumped the couch and came bolting towards me. I screamed "Get your dog away from me!" I yelled, "He don't bite" he said calmly, "Yes he does!" I yelled before darting behind Tom, he rolled his eyes. He lifted his hand and the creature stopped in his tracks. I looked towards the dog and started pushing Tom towards the dog, using him as my shield. After a few feet, he realized what I was doing and stopped me in my tracks.

   "Hey!" I snapped, "I told you he don't bite." he said calmly, a calm smile on his face "Look at that thing!" I yelled pointing towards the dog. The dog was barking loudly and growling in between barks, Tom looked at the dog and I saw his eyes soften and become sad.
    "When you look at that dog, what do you see?" he asked pulling me in front of him.
    "I see.." I paused, "I see a dog that needs to be locked up!" I yelled,
     "Is it because of the breed?" he asked, I saw his eyes become angry.
     "No." I said calmly "He may just be mistreated or isn't trained properly." I said calmly.
    He became upset and ripped my hand from his grip. "If you ever dare to think I mistreat my pitbulls or don't train them right, I will shot you in the backyard or let them kill you, you understand me!" he yelled before storming away towards his office. I could feel my hands tremble, my breath became shaky and I fell to the floor. I could feel the tears prick my face as they glade down my cheeks, I felt broken, I never meant to upset him, I thought he might have been a rescue or was mistreated before Tom.
    I wasn't scared of the dog a few feet from me, barking at me viciously, I was now scared of Tom. People usually think of pitbulls as vicious, I had never had a dog before so I never knew what it was like to have that sort of bond.
    I couldn't help but catch Tom making a hand signal as he walked. I wasn't sure what it meant, it wasn't flipping me the bird but something else...

~Harrisons POV~

   I heard Demon's bark but it wasn't a normal bark, it was the bark he used very rarely unless Tom wanted him to help with his 'work'. But, Demon's bark was in the hallway, then it came to me.
    "Y/N." I said under my breath as I rushed out of Tom's office. I ran to the doors and opened them, I ran into a very pissed off Tom.
    "Harrison." he said before he walked past me,
    "Later Tom." I said as I rushed out the door, I ran around the house and eventually found Y/N. Demon was mere inches from her,
     "Y/N get up and run!" I yelled as I ran down the hallway, she didn't move as if she was out of it.

   I grabbed Demon before he could do anything to her, I locked him in the glass dome and went rushing towards Y/N. I fell to the floor right beside her,
   "Hey, hey what's wrong?" I asked as I checked her for any bites or marks.
    "Is Tom going to kill me?" she asked, her voice trembling.

    "No, where did you hear that?" I asked hugging her.
     "Tom snapped at me, that dog was barking at me, I got scared and went behind him. He pulled me in front of him and asked me what I saw in the dog, I told him I saw a dog that should be locked up." she paused catching her breath, "His eyes softened and he asked me if it was because of the breed, I told him no and then he ask me what I thought of the dog." she began to cry more, "I told him that he may have been mistreated or wrongly trained. He snapped at me telling me if I ever dare to think he mistreated his pitbulls or don't train them right, he will shot me in the backyard or let the dogs kill me. Then he stormed off." she said hugging me back. There was just one word to describe what I was feeling at that point, anger.

     I felt upset, and I felt a huge wave irritation take over my body. I pulled Y/N to her feet and went to go towards Tom's office when I felt her tug my arm back. I looked back and saw her eyes, her sad, puffy, teary eyes and it broke my heart in two.
    "Please Harrison." she said in a whisper "Bring the dog back out." I was so surprised by her sentence that I almost complied without asking any questions.
    "Wait, why do you want me to bring out Demon?" I asked in disbelief. She merely smiled,
     "Cause I want to show Tom that I am strong and his words can't stop me from achieving anything." she said proudly. I walked over and opened the door. Demon came running out and started barking at her but this time it was a normal bark. I was super relived when Demon didn't try to kill her.

~Y/N POV~

     The dog ran towards me and I tried the same thing Tom had done earlier. I held up my hand and looked at the dog with a neutral face. The dog stopped for a second before he started running towards me again. I became scared and ran.
   "Stop Y/N! He will just chase you and try to kill you!" Harrison yelled but it was too late, I was already half way down the hallway. I heard the dog barking viciously behind me. I ran as fast as I could, I heard the dogs claws tap against the hard wood floors. My heart was beating so fast I thought it would explode. I felt my eyes become watery and I fought back tears and focused all my energy towards out running this dog. I flew around the corner and ran into someone. I tumbled to the floor and I was so weak from running I couldn't get up.
    "Love? Is something wrong?" Toms voice said calmly yet still firm. His eyes blazed as he stared down at me.
    "Oh shit! The dog!" I panted as realized I was on my butt on the floor and not running.

    I heard the dog come skidding around the corner. I whipped my head around just in time to see the dog come running towards me. I prepared to be attacked, I put my hands on the back of my neck and protected my face. I suddenly heard the dog whimper, I turned around to see Tom's legs in front of me and the dogs head down, ears pinned, tail between it's legs.
     "Go to your bed." Tom said in a firm voice. The dog walked away, tail between it's legs, sulking. Tom turned around, grabbed my hands gently and pulled me to my feet. I dusted myself off then looked up to see Tom's face hard; his eyes like daggers and one eyebrow raised. I took a deep breath and looked at him apologetically,
      "Y/N? Why was he out?" he asked firmly.
      "I am sorry, I just wanted to prove to you that I wasn't scared of him because of his breed, I never meant to attack you personally. I was just scared of him because I only knew that when a dog barks, growls and looks at you like that, that their about to attack you." I swallowed hard, I felt tears sting the backs of my eyes. "I thought I could make friends with him, but it didn't work out that way." I said looking down at my feet. "I knew I could've just apologized but I wanted to prove to you that I am not a scaredy cat." I said finally taking a big breath.

   I looked up and saw Toms eyes soft, his face calm   
    "Love, I never- I-I..." he exhaled heavily, "I flew off the handle, I take pride in my dogs and when someone saids something terrible about my princess and prince, I take those very personally." he said, he grabbed my hands. "I am sorry" he said, I shook my head in a yes motion.
     "Anyway, I am heading to bed" I said slipping from his grip, he let me, "Tell me when dinners ready" I said while walking away, I could hear him sigh from behind me.