※39※

Ayyan, can you drive a bit faster?"
Reeha asked, controlling her temper.

It's been 2 days since they came from Thailand. Although, initially, both were a bit awkward with whatever happened at the party but then thought to ignore it. Today they're invited to Ahmed House. It's been exactly 20 days since their reception and exactly after 22 days, Reeha is visiting her parents' house. No one can match the level of excitement she is feeling whereas Ayyan… well he is practically being forced to accompany her.

"It's for our safety. Don't you know the basic rule of driving on roads?"
Ayyan replied innocently.

"Even that person-"
Reeha pointed at a passerby who is walking on the footpath,
"-is going faster than us. You are not even driving 30 km/h."

"Reeha, can't we go another day? Please?"
Ayyan almost begged. It's not that he didn't like to visit Ahmed Family. It's just that he didn't want to face Fawad.

"Stop being dramatic. You are saying as if my brother will eat you alive."

"Who knows? Maybe he really will."
Ayyan muttered under his breath.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing."

"Ayyan, either you drive fast or I'm going to get down from the car."
Reeha threatened.

"Fine! Sit tightly! I'm driving fast."
Grumpily, Ayyan speeds up.

                             ☆☆☆☆☆

Reeha was about to ring the bell when Ayyan caught her hand stopping her. Reeha looked at her questionably.

"Think for the last time. We can still go back."
Ayyan tried to pursue her for the last time.

"You-"
Reeha was about to scold him when the door was opened. 

"Why are you not letting my sister enter?"
Fawad asked, narrowing his eyes at Ayyan.

"I-I thought to ring the bell instead of her. Why will I stop her from coming here?"
Ayyan said, nervously chuckling.

"Fawad, did they come?"
Mr. Ahmed's voice was heard from inside.

Reeha almost ran inside the house and hugged her parents tightly.

"I missed both of you so much."

"How are you, my princess?"
Mr. Ahmed asked whereas Mrs. Ahmed was stroking her hair lovingly.

"Fantastic as always."

"Assalamualaikum!"
Ayyan greeted.

After exchanging pleasantries, the mother-daughter duo went into the kitchen whereas the men sat in the living room.

                           ☆☆☆☆☆

"How are your in-laws? Are they treating you well?"
Shaina Begum asked her daughter while stirring the polao. (a rice dish)

"They treat me so well. The way they tenderly call my name... The way dad worries about me. The way Rayyan bhai teases Ayyan with me or the way scolds him to take care of me. The way Myra bhabi put all the good dishes aside for me. The way she kindly teaches the things I don't know. The way mom pretends to be mad at me, all the while letting me know how much she cares about me. I appreciate and love them."
Reeha said with a smile.

"What about Ayyan? Does he behave well with you?"

"Hmm. Not bad."

"What do you mean by 'not bad'?"