※52※

A few days later

It was lunchtime so most of the officers were out to have lunch. Saim went into Zafar's cell.

"Someone came to meet you."

Zafar was surprised but he quickly masked it. He nodded at Saim to let the visitor come.

A few minutes later Ayyan entered the cell.

Giving them space, Ravi and Saim stood a bit far from the cell.

"Ayyan! You here? Everything alright? How's Reeha?"
Zafar asked with fake concern.

"Quit the act! I'm not going to fall for it. Not anymore!"

"What? Don't tell me you are believing them! They are framing me. You will have to believe me."

"Believe? I believed you. I thought you were a friend. Little did I know you were a vile poisonous snake in the form of a friend."

"Ayyan, I-" 

"Shut up! Just shut up!
Calming himself, Ayyan added.
"Look, Zafar, if you have even a bit of humanity left in you, then confess."

"What will I confess? I didn't do anything. I swear on Ayana-"

"DON'T! DON'T YOU DARE TAKE MY SISTER'S NAME FROM THAT FILTHY MOUTH OF YOURS!!"
Ayyan shouted.

"She manipulated you, didn't she? I can't believe her."

Ayyan looked at him confusedly.

"I didn't want to tell you but she didn't leave me any other option. I'm talking about your little wife. Reeha. She with her brother is framing me. I bet her bro-"

Before he could complete it, a punch landed on his face making him fall to the ground.

Saim was about to go to stop Ayyan when Ravi stopped him.

"Sir-"

"Pretend that you didn't see anything."

"But-"

"Shush! Keep watching."

"Did you just… hit me?"

Standing up, Zafar said.
"First that wife of yours cut my face and now you…"

Going towards Ayyan, he grabbed Ayyan's collar,
"Don't forget that I'm your sister's fiance!"

"Fiance?! Hah!"

Ayyan let out a humorless laugh before releasing his collar from Zafar's dirty hands.

"Did you already go mad by staying in the jail? Quit dreaming. You are no one's fiance. You are just a scoundrel. A PSYCHO SCOUNDREL!!"
Ayyan said, controlling his anger.

Zafar started laughing like a maniac. Then whispered to him,
"You think you are innocent?"

Ayyan looked at him confusedly.

"You know what you are a DISAPPOINTMENT. It's not my fault that you didn't believe your wife. It's not my fault that you were too naive."

Backing away he continued,
"Technically speaking, more than me you are at fault, isn't it? Ayana never hides anything from you. You knew about me and her from the first. If I was a scoundrel then why didn't you stop her from meeting me?"

Zafar started manipulating him.

"When that time you didn't stop her, then why now? Ayana loves me. Everything I did was because I love her. No one can separa-"