𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

After saying my goodbye the next day, I was pushed into a random carriage with Captain Levi and was taken to Headquarters. It was really awkward since the Captain made no means to have a conversation, so I just stared out the window the whole time: watching the random stores and people that milled around on the busy streets.

I went over the goodbye at camp over and over again in my head; memorizing the last moments I had with them. All my friends would be training for another year until they graduated; I had to wait one year until I saw them all again. We would all be fifteen to sixteen by then.

It took a lot for me not to cry right then and there in the carriage as I remembered my last embraces with the cadets. Sasha and Connie were crying, their fat teardrops made stains on my shoulders; Reiner and Ymir acted like they didn't care, but I made them give me a hug regardless; Christa made me a snack of apple for the ride like the saint she was, and Bertholdt gave me a quick hug while blushing- I teased him about it once I saw it. Jean gave me a fast and firm bear hug, lifting my feet off the ground. He said he'd kill me if a titan ate me. Caring as always that horse-face was.

After embracing Jean, Armin leaped up and into my arms. He was saying over and over again how much he would miss me and how he would send me lists of good books to read. I laughed at that and gripped him tighter. Mikasa joined the embrace a few moments later.

"Don't get killed." I chuckled at her blunt order.

"I'll try not to Mikasa." She smiled at me and brought me into another hug. After pulling each other back I catch Eren's eyes, and a strong sense of deja vu enveloped me. We smile at each other and walk into one another's arms.

My arms locked around his back while he was slung around my shoulders. I breathed in his scent while nuzzling my face into his neck. "I'm going to miss you."

"I know." I could almost feel him smirking. I slap him on the back. "I'll miss you too," he mutters, only for me to hear.

After stepping back from each other, I swing my arm around his neck, putting him into my infamous neck locks, and give him a noogie.

"Don't have too much fun while I'm gone, Yeager." He pushes me off with a grunt and goes to shove me but I'm already skipping away towards the carriage.

Once Captain Levi spoke up (breaking me out of my thoughts) saying that we were close to Headquarters, my nerves shot up. Was I wrong to choose the Scouts? Am I even ready to go beyond the walls?

I fisted my hands in my lap, forcing them to stop shaking. Get a grip Y/n.

"Don't be nervous."

My head shot up to see Levi looking out the window with a blank face. 

"What?"

He looks at me and gestures to my trembling hands. "You don't need to be nervous." His hair shifts from the open window by his side, making his undercut visible. As if sensing my doubt he speaks up again.

"You were graduated early because you hit the wood with your swords-"

"Yes, everyone keeps saying that but I don't understand-"

"Tch, don't cut me off, brat," he says while slightly sneering at me, but I can tell he was holding back his usual glare. "No one has ever cut deep enough to hit wood before, not even me." He seemed reluctant to admit the last part. "So, don't doubt yourself. You'll be fine."

My eyes widened at his explanation and my hands started to shake less, a new sense of confidence flowing through me. He sees this and tells me not to let it go to my head. I just chuckle.