Don't Give Up

After you forced Katsuki off of Facetime so he could sleep, it was already past midnight

After you forced Katsuki off of Facetime so he could sleep, it was already past midnight. Thinking about your day, you realized you should probably go look for something to eat.

Walking out of your bedroom door you see the room across from you with the light on, "Sami must still be awake," you say to yourself.

Isami Mei was your caretaker, but she preferred you called her your aunt. Your parents are pro hero's that are often out of town, and with your health, they don't allow you to live alone. This is why they put you with their good friend Isami and her son Megumi. 

Isami was always following rules and was extremely strict, so it was hard to do things you wanted, however it was all because she cared about your well-being. Her son Megumi, two years older than you, was not interested in you at all. You both rarely spoke even though you've been living in the same house for the past three years.

 You walk in the direction of the kitchen to see Megumi sitting in front of the TV on his phone. Though you didn't know each other very well, you liked Megumi's presence, he had a very calming atmosphere around him. Searching the fridge, you came across some cold Soba that wasn't there the day before, "Must have been dinner." 

Once you made yourself something to eat, you sat on the couch next to Megumi not saying anything, just eating your dinner. 

"She's leaving," he says without looking up from his phone.

"I'm sorry?"

"My mom is leaving on a business trip in the morning," looking up from his phone he turned to look at you, "thought you would want to know you can leave the house whenever you want."

"WHAT! No- I wouldn't- I can't- that would-," he put his hand up to silence you. 

"Chill, I don't care and I won't tell," he then gets up off the couch and heads to his room which is on the second floor.

You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding and sunk further into the couch. You closed your eyes feeling that they were getting heavy and ended up taking a three hour nap. This wasn't uncommon as your disease caused you to become tired a lot throughout the day.

Picking up your unfinished food you cleaned up at headed back to your room. Not finishing your meals was also common as sometimes if you ate to much you just throw it back up, and that would be a waste of Isami's cooking.

Your room was fairly small but felt the perfect size to you. You had a bed, bookshelf, desk, and a beautiful view of the city. 

Feeling as though your food wasn't going down you laid on the floor to help get rid of the nausea you were feeling, looking out your window.

It was raining.

You thought back on what Megumi told you, "you can leave the house whenever you want." 

Sami didn't let you out of the house very often, especially without her. The reason for this was because you had a serious disease that the doctors still have no idea what to do with.

The reason you had this disease, had to do with your quirk. 

Both of your parents had a powerful fire quirk. Automatically, you did too, but after you started to get stronger things went wrong. Your quirk started to burn you from the inside out making it close to impossible to use it without being in pain.

When first taken to the hospital you were told that there was another part to your quirk. The fire had a mind of its own, and it wouldn't listen to you. After your fire turned pink, the doctors told you to quit using your quirk.

Though it's disheartening for a child to hear, you didn't really feel panicked for you didn't need a quirk to achieve what you wanted, but that was until you started to get sick. You had trouble breathing, keeping food down, you would get extremely tired, and you would get migraines everytime you ate something sweet.

It caused another trip to the hospital where you heard... well what you wish you hadn't. 

The first thing you thought was to cut ties with everyone. If you were going to die anyway you didn't want anyone to be sad, but this would hurt you a lot. The people that you hated just the thought of cutting ties with were Midoriya Izuku, your only real friend from Junior High. As well as Bakugo Katsuki.

Izuku had been your friend for so long you didn't want to stop talking to him.

The other was Bakugo Katsuki. You didn't want to, but you had to. You both had just started dating a few months ago but were good friends before.

フ⃝   ラ⃝   ッ⃝   シ⃝   ュ⃝   バ⃝   ッ⃝   ク⃝

"What?" he said in a voice that made you want to just take everything back, but you already got this far.

"You heard me, I said 'we're done'," when you looked up from the ground you could see his eyes lines with tears just like yours were. 

"I don't get it, why?" he said shaking his head in denial, "I thought we were fine." He reached out to you but you took a step back.

"Well you thought wrong," you said so softly he almost didn't hear you.

"No," he suddenly snapped.

"What?"

"I don't believe you," he didn't want to believe that you just didn't want to be with him anymore, there had to be a reason. A good one, he knew you and you weren't like this. Looking you in the eye he said, "Tell me the real reason."

You quickly looked away trying to figure out what you were going to say but all that came out was the truth. You told him that you were on limited time, that you couldn't reach your dream of being a dancer, or that you wouldn't be able to change to hero system that you hated.

"Please," his voice slightly cracked from trying to hold back sobs, "Let me help you." He paused so that he could regain his composure, "Don't go through this alone, and just...

don't give up."

He pulled to his chest and let you just cry, but what you didn't know was he was just as heartbroken as you.

As he held you close, he told himself he wouldn't let you go no matter what. There was no way he would let you do this alone, and he wouldn't let you give up.

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

A/N ~ ... 😃👍🏾