I'm Still here

Bakugo woke up to the sound of his alarm

Bakugo woke up to the sound of his alarm. He had brought some things from his dorm at U.A., including his alarm. He had forgotten to set it the night before with all that was happening and was now was awake at 5:30 in the morning.

He would usually get up to train but felt too mentally exhausted to get out of bed and go outside. He had a small fight in his head about whether he should get up or not. He really didn't want to do anything today, all he wanted was to see you.

Finally, fifteen minutes later, he decided he would go downstairs to find something to eat. After looking through the fridge he took out the miso soup that was left over, and made himself a meal.

The meal was eaten in silence and Bakugo was left to listen to his thoughts which were extremely loud.

All that was on his mind was you.

While washing his dishes, a walk was put into his plans in hopes that it would clear his head.

His mom had dismissed him from school but he knew his friends would wonder what was going on, especially Kirishima as he was there when everything was happening.

He didn't get the chance to explain to him, but he was kind of grateful because if he had stayed there any longer he would have spilled everything. Then it would have made him feel weak, and he isn't weak.

He walked back downstairs after changing into casual clothing with his phone in his hand. He made sure it was charged incase anyone tried to contact him. He had a few missed notifications from his friends, but decided to reply to them later.

He picked up the house keys from the counter when the front door opened suddenly causing Bakugo freeze in place and look up. On the other side was his mom who looked to be slightly out of breath.

"She's awake."

۞,¸¸,ø¤º°'°۩ ۩°'°º¤ø,¸¸,۞

"She's in room B214, take the elevator up to the second floor and take a left," the lady at the desk handed Bakugo a visitor sticker.

"We'll head home and get some work done, just call us if you need anything," Bakugo turned to his mom before pushing her and his father towards the front door.

"Whatever hag," turning around he started to make his way to the elevators. When he was out of earshot he whispered, just to make sure she couldn't hear him, "Thank you mom."

He made his way towards the elevator not paying much attention to his surroundings.

It had been awhile since he's been at the hospital, and he didn't miss it. The only times he had been at the hospital was when he would come to check ups with you, but you both stopped coming when they said there was nothing they could do. 

He knew how much you hated hospitals and he wasn't a fan either, but he knew that they had kept you alive all this time and for that he was thankful.

Getting in the elevator, he pressed the second floor and waited until the door closed to let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

Now becoming aware of what was happening, his anxiety started to come back making his hands sweaty.

It's been a long time since you had been admitted to the hospital, which meant things were getting worse, and that scared him. He hasn't spent half the time with you that he wants.

It felt like forever until he reached the second floor and started to walk towards your room. Finally getting to your room, he reached for the handle when someone from the other side opened the door.

"Oh it's you," Megumi was the one who walked out the room with his mother close behind. When seeing Bakugo, she sent him a sad smile and asked to talk to him before he went inside.

"It's good to see you after so long Bakugo."

"You too.., is she awake?"

Isami turned to look at the door of the room behind her, "She said she wanted to spend the rest of the day with you, so we'll be at home unless something happens. They said she's stable for now but there's something you should know."

"What is it?"

She turned from the door now facing Bakugo but looking at the ground, "She's not going to make it much longer," she said in a quiet voice.

Bakugo felt his whole world stop. 

"The doctor said that it wasn't just sudden either, that she had been in pain for a long time but she didn't tell anyone," Isami said. Bakugo just stood there shocked at the older woman who was now crying into her hands.

"What a foolish child-," Bakugo couldn't stand and wait any longer as he ran past Isami straight to your room.

He couldn't believe it. How could he not notice the pain that you were going through. All this time you were dying, suffering and he didn't know. He didn't do anything for you.

He could feel his eyes start to burn from the tears forming but he didn't let them fall.

Swinging your door open he wanted to believe that it wasn't true, you would be fine. He always dreamed that you would be there when he became #1, you'd be the one that he would marry, it couldn't all end just like that.

He let the tears flow when he saw you sitting there looking out the window smiling.

Your s/c glowing in the sunlight, your e/c eyes looking out at whatever it could possibly be that made you so happy, and you hair was a mess but he thought you looked beautiful.

He didn't understand.

He couldn't understand..

How could this be happening to you. The only person he could ever love.

At the sound of the door closing you turned around to see Bakugo with tears streaming down his face.

You don't say anything, instead you opened your arms, which he immediately ran and fell into. You just hold him as he silently cries into your chest with a strong hold around your waist.

"I know. I'm sorry. You must have been worried," you whispered just loud enough for him to hear, while playing with his hair, "It's alright." you told him.

He thought differently, how could it be alright? He didn't want this to happen.

"It's alright," you said once again, "you know why?"

This caused him to look up at you. You were smiling while looking out the window. You looked back at your boyfriend in your arms and said, "because I'm still here." 

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_