Strictly Business~ Exploding Toilets and Laxatives

R

E

Visa

E

N

G

E

PHASE TWO

I'm waiting for him to laugh, because I know any moment now, he's going to burst out in laughter, unable to keep up his serious façade. And I'm sure not going to put my emotions out there on the line towards someone who's not being serious. I learned my lesson from the last time. So, I'll bet in five seconds, that classic Weston grin will slide onto his face.

Five...

Alright, Weston. Give it up.

Four...

I know you're faking.

Three...

You are faking, right?

Two...

Right???

One...

Oh my god. He's serious.

Apparently, my thought process had taken a bit too long for him, because he backs away from me, a rejected look coming over his face. "I get it. I shouldn't have said anything."

"Hey, wait just a moment." I say, frowning. "You have to give me a few minutes, Weston. I had to figure out whether or not you were being serious."

"I just said I love you. I make a statement like that, and you question whether or not I'm being serious?" He asks like it's the craziest thing in the world. I don't find it crazy. I find it completely logical considering his actions lately.

"You tend to have a track record for playing with my emotions, so forgive me if I just want to make sure before putting my feelings out there." I respond, miffed.

"Fine, Addelyn. I'm being serious. I love you. Would you like me to scream it out the window to prove how serious I am?" He offers, and I almost take him up on that, but I think better of it.

"I don't think the neighbors would appreciate that." I say.

"Well then, I believe this is the part where you respond." He says, staring straight into my eyes. I have the urge to look away, but I don't.

There are a lot of things running through my mind. I know what I want to say, but I don't know how to say it. In fact, I'm still a bit unsure of what I feel towards him. Things switch back and forth so quickly, that I can't put a finger on my own emotions. Being with him in a romantic relationship for more than a twenty-four hour period sounds exhilarating, if he's capable of being romantic. So I settle on saying that I'm almost there. Because I am almost there, I'm just not there if I'm fully to that point yet.

And right as I open my mouth to say it, a vibration hits me in my pocket. I pull out my phone. "That can wait, you know." Weston says, but then I see the ID.

Jackson.

"No, Weston. It can't." I shove the phone in his face, before opening the message. Jackson never was one for voice to voice conversations over the phone.

J. Miller: You were at my house tonight.

Me: Thank you, Captain Obvious.

I know, that was kind of lame. But it's just one of those things I've always wanted to say to someone.