Strictly Business~Persuasion and Vandalism

A/N:  THANKS TO FALLENBABYBUBU FOR MAKING THIS AWESOME ARTWORK!  LOVE YA!

  If the way Weston’s eyes bulge out of his head isn’t enough, maybe the utterly disgusted sneer that finds its way across his face should be.  But no, I stand here like an idiot, prepared to take on whatever backlash from him, due to my ludicrous request.

     He doesn’t say anything, for once, but instead rummages inside his backpack, pulling out a piece of paper and scribbling something on it.  He passes it to me.  “Is this your phone number and address?”  I ask.

     Was he agreeing already?  Without any explanation?  And here I thought I’d have to get down on my knees and beg, using names such as Greek God, Oh Mighty One, and his favorite, Stud Muffin. 

     “No, that’s the phone number to my step mother’s old psychiatrist and the address to the insane asylum that she stays at.  I think both might be useful to you since you’ve obviously lost your mind.”

     Well, maybe begging would still be an option.

     “I’m not crazy,” I say.  “I’m desperate.”

     “That’s obvious.” He replies, trying to reach for the door of his truck, but I block him.

     “Look, I’m sorry about earlier… kinda.  But I need a boyfriend.  I need—”

     He cuts me off, crossing his arms over his chest.  “There are a lot of things you need, Addelyn.  Like clothes that come from this century, contacts, a face lift, a nose job, a total body reconstruction, and a fix on that nasty attitude of yours.  Maybe after you take care of those things, some guy might be halfway attracted to you.  But let me get one thing straight.  I don’t care if you walk into this school looking exactly like Jennifer Lopez.  I’d rather make out with the snout of a pig than date you.”

     He pushes me out of the way, and steps inside his truck, speeding away from the school grounds.  Note to self:  Bruising a guy’s ego DOES NOT make him want to go out with you.  Inflicting physical pain to male jewels doesn’t help much either.

_________________________________________________________

     “Don’t you think you might be taking this a little too far?”  Jocelyn asks that evening, trying to coax me out of going through with my plan. 

     “I don’t think I’m taking this far enough.”  I reply, pressing the phone up to my ear.  “With Weston’s maniacal mind on my side, I plan to take this much further.”

     “And see that’s the part of the plan I don’t really support.”  She drawls, sighing a bit.  “You want Weston to be your pretend boyfriend so that the two of you won’t seem like a threat around Jackson and Kristina, but you and Weston can’t be around each other without jumping down the other’s throat.  Maybe it’s just me, but that doesn’t sound like a love struck couple.”

     “You know how the saying goes: opposites attract.  We’ll just have to make it seem like love knocked us upside the head.”  I reply, trying to sound confident.  It’s a good thing she can’t see my eyes, since they’re probably betraying my emotions right now.  This plan has some major holes; I know it.  One of the biggest being pointed out by Jocelyn.  Loving Weston, even if fake, is a hurdle a bit too tall for me to handle.  The idea of breathing the same air as him sends shivers down my spine.  But this is for Jackson.  And he was worth it.

     Sort of.

     “Well, this plan might sound good now,” Jocelyn continues.  “But don’t you have to get Weston to commit?  I mean, nothing will come together unless he agrees.  So how do you plan on dealing with that?”