Strictly Business~ Giant Sized Crap and Addelyn's Revenge

R

     Education

     V

     E

     N

     G

     E

     PHASE THREE

     Weston tilts his head back in laughter as I tell him the predicament that has fallen in my lap due to Chris.  “You have GOT to be kidding!  Chris, you are a genius!”

     I cross my arms over my chest.  “It’s not funny, Weston.”

     “You’re right, it’s not.  It’s hilarious.”  Weston laughs harder.  “You and Jackson paired up on a project for two weeks? The opportunity to trash Jackson’s education has been sitting in front of us the whole time, but it took Chris to pull it through.  This couldn’t be more perfect.”

     Chris ignores Weston.  “Look, Addelyn, I really am sorry.  But Margaret had already changed the grades back before I could get a hard copy.  I figured that the only way that I could get proof of Jackson failing is if you are paired up with him and the both of you fail.  That way, if Margaret changed Jackson’s grade, there’d be proof that she is lying because you would’ve failed and that would mean Jackson should’ve failed too, since the two of you were working together.  But I can understand if you don’t want to go through with it.”

     “Oh, she is so going through with it.”  Weston says.  “There’s no way she’s passing up on this one.”

     I stare at him.  “After all I’ve been through with Jackson, the last thing I’d want is to be paired up with him for two weeks working on a project outside of school.  Do you know of some of the horrors that can happen?”

     “I know all too well.  That’s why you need to go through with it.”  Weston says.

     “Is this just some big joke to you or something?”  I ask.

     Weston shakes his head.  “You don’t see it, do you?  God, Addelyn you are so blind!  Think about it.  Having Jackson in your house for two weeks.  It’s the perfect time for you to get your revenge.  Yesterday, Jocelyn was talking about how lackluster our plan was.  With this, now we can spice it up a bit.”

     I frown.  “Explain.”

     “You make sure Jackson gets to your house to study.  We set up a few pranks beforehand, make sure he falls for all of them, and next thing you know, you have your satisfaction, and Jackson will get a little taste of all that’s coming to him.  I mean, come on, Addelyn.  This is your chance.”

     He makes a good case.  Nothing would be sweeter than hearing Jackson cry out in pain.  Plus, I guess I need a little something to relax me.  I’ve been so enwrapped in planning, I really haven’t had much time to see good out of all my hard work.  Weston’s right.  This is my chance.

     “What do you have in mind?”  I ask, intrigued.

     Weston pulls his car keys out of his pocket, smirking at me.  “Come with me and you’ll find out.”

     ***

     One hour later and the group of us are standing outside my house.  I pull my phone out of my pocket to make sure I texted Jackson the right time to come over.  Five o’clock.  That leaves enough time to get done what we need to get done before he comes.  Weston stopped at the store on the way home, afterschool, getting a wrench, two bottles of Listerine, a box of habanero peppers, and a lot of plastic wrap.  Jocelyn and Chris show up as well, with another friend.