Strictly Business~ Parental Faculties and Co-ed Sleepovers

A/N:  It’s going to be a bit dramatic in the beginning, but follow this chapter to the end.  It’s gets good.

      I didn’t believe Kristina.  Point blank.  And after making those ludicrous statements, the only thing I can do is turn around and walk away.  I didn’t have time to deal with anymore lies.  This is exactly why it was time to quit.  All the statements are just giving me a headache. 

     I hear footsteps behind me, and I turn around, coming face-to-face with Weston.  He’s staring at me like I’m crazy.  “You’re not even going to hear her out?”

     “No.  Why would I?  It’s sounds idiotic.”  I say, continuing to walk towards the school building.

     “You sound idiotic.  Somebody tells you that you’re family is going to be bankrupt, and you just walk away?  I hope you know you’re not invincible.” He says.

     I scoff.  “Look, my father has over twenty million dollars stowed away in a secured bank account.  Guards practically hover over our cash.  And the business is protected by top of the line security.  I’m not going to go home and throw my dad into a frenzy over something some idiot blonde says.”

     “Are you serious?”

     “Serious as a heart attack.  And I don’t remember involving you in my family’s affairs, so I don’t get how this is even your business.  Don’t you have more important things to do, like woo the entire female population?”  I continue walking but he grabs my arm.

     “I’m not done talking to you, Addelyn.”  He says. 

     I wrench my arm free.  “Don’t touch me.  I thought I made it clear earlier that it’s over.  I quit.  I have better things to do than associate myself with some who doesn’t even care about my emotions.”

     “What are you talking about?!  I lo—” He closes his eyes, and when they open, they’re the coldest I’ve ever seen them.  “You’re right.  I’m the bi-polar jerk who doesn’t understand how taxing this is on you.  You have the right to leave.”

     “I didn’t need your permission, but thank you for finally being rational.”  I say.

     “Save it.”  He says sharply, walking ahead of me.  “Have a nice life, Addelyn.”

     I don’t feel much guilt.  I really don’t think I should.  In this game, the only one that’s been taking the brunt of the pain is me, and if I’m ready to quit, I should quit.  Kristina and her useless words were only bringing more unnecessary irritation and worry.  The chances of anything happening that were similar to what she was saying are slim to none.  I can’t keep surrounding myself with the idea that everyone’s out to get me.  I have graduation to think about.  I haven’t even started filling out my college applications.  I don’t have time for this anymore.

     I am finished.

     ***

     Three days later, and things seem to carry on smoothly.  Jocelyn and I are still pretty close, and Chris, who seems to hold some sort of unspoken grudge against me, finds time to associate with me only if Jocelyn is around.  Weston hasn’t said a word, in fact he doesn’t even look at me in the hallways.  It’s almost as if I have completely disappeared, and honestly, I’m enjoying not being the center of his attention anymore.  Jackson and Kristina have broken up, and ever since, I’ve seen Kristina become closer and closer to Weston.  And slowly but surely, I see Weston reverting back to his old ways.  That, I must admit, bothers me a bit.