𝒜𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓎𝑜𝓊

𝕭𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖎𝖊

"Baby? Do you love me?" the girl in my passenger seat asked as I drove through the surprisingly crowded streets of Deauville, rubbing my thigh

"Baby? Do you love me?" the girl in my passenger seat asked as I drove through the surprisingly crowded streets of Deauville, rubbing my thigh. As soon as we stopped at a stop light, I looked at her.

"Fuck no." I answered, getting her hand off my thigh. She backed off quickly and I mentally thanked the universe for making her finally get the hint.

"You know I'm just driving you home after we hooked up last night, right? I'll forget your face the second you leave my car. You still sitting on the seat cover?" I said, she nodded and crossed her arms bitterly.

Aw I'm so sorry... I think I hurt her feelings. Oh, I forgot to mention... I couldn't give a rat's ass for her feelings.

"Good, don't need your stench on my baby-" I spat before going completely silent. Looking through my windshield and losing my composure.

My lips slightly parted, when my jaw wanted to drop. My gaze followed the two brunettes. My inner fury growing as I eyed the one with the bangs. She saw a chance to take Ariana back and took it just as fast as I blew it.

But then I looked at the other brunette. My grip on the gear stick and the steering wheel loosened and suddenly my throat was tight with my lungs. The world was stagnant, completely slowed down, like watching a YouTube video at 25% speed.

The pain in my heart seemed to creep into my soul and spread, instead of it turning into bitterness I felt my chest get heavy and a slight sting in my nose and eyes.

Ariana.

Walking like an ethereal angel across the crosswalk, her smile was beaming, and her skin was gleaming. I quickly thought to myself,

How come I've never seen her smile like that?

That perfect, that big, that happily.

She was clinging tightly to the arm of my ex-gang member. No, I wasn't bitter or jealous. If I was bitter, I would've had Lucy tracked down and destroyed. But I couldn't do that to Ariana.

I mean I should've seen this shit coming. Two years ago, when we agreed to try us again. Why did I think that we would actually be ok? Why did I really believe that I would never have an episode and lash out again?

Lucy held her bags for her, smiling with her as they spoke. Then she looked over here. Ariana did.

Her smile left her face so quick, it put light speed to shame. They continued to walk as we stared at each other. She was clearly shocked, and I was defeated. A reminder that I never learned. And I let her down... again.

When they were finally across the crosswalk, I saw Lucy put the bags down and take off her black long jacket and give it to Ariana. Then they walked off, I came back to real time and heard horns honking and noticed the green glow of the light ahead of me.