【1】 【2】 【3】 【4】

𝓐𝓻𝓲𝓪𝓷𝓪

"Sit." Billie demanded, as we entered her office. The colors were dark and red and it was really cold. I sat in one of the black leather chairs across from her desk and she sat in her fancy boss chair.

"Ariana Grande Butera. 21. Born June 26. From Boca Raton. Pansexual. Joined Idris' gang at the age of 18. And before that, an absolute scholar heading to Oxford University. Father was assassinated when you were just 15. Had a twin sister and an older step brother, but your sister was also assassinated. You've seen Hell. Given your past, I wouldn't have even thought about you ending up in a gang. You were forced weren't you?" She said. God, how much does she know?

"How do you know all of that?" I ask, ignoring her question. She scoffed,

"Butera, I know everything about you. You learned to ride a bike on June 27, 2004 after your 5th birthday at 2:57 pm. The theme of your second birthday party was Jaws. The name of the first person you killed was Jonathan Baker when you were just 17. Your period is due on the 23rd of this month. Should I go on? Now answer my question." She leaned forward and glared at me. I swallowed the lump in my throat and cleared my throat.

"I would guess that you already know the answer." I looked down. She sighed,

"That's the one  thing. I've pieced it together and I know that you had to have been in love with someone, and Idris didn't like that. So, he got rid of them. I know you were with someone that you held very dearly to yourself, and you did everything in your power to protect them, but Idris didn't trust it and killed them. I just don't know who." Her tone was suddenly dark and unsettling, "Everything about that person was... erased. No trace of them, I didn't even get a hair color. But you...you  have to know. Who was it?" She said.

"Why do you want to know?" I stalled, how am I supposed to say that she is the one I loved.

The one I failed to protect.

"Because this person is the answer to something I need answers to." She nearly snapped. If I lie, will she know? I just can't tell her, I'm scared. And I never  thought I would be scared of her.

"I don't know. After Idris killed them and he took me to the gang, he erased my memory. I don't remember anything about them. I don't even know if it was a boy or a girl." I lied. She stared at me as she processed the information, I just told her. I couldn't tell whether she was just gonna tell me to leave or jump me. Either seemed predictable.

"Where are they?" she asked. I looked at her and my eyebrows knitted together. "The memories. Where are they? What machine did he use? Is it still at the house?" She went on.

Oh shit.

"No. He destroyed the machine to make sure the memories were destroyed." I made up, seems reasonable. Right? She sighed and nodded, as if she was trying to control herself.