9

Grace age update: 2 years

Jasper wrapped a woolly purple scarf around Grace's neck as she giggled at the tingly feeling. She wiggled her shoulders in protest to keep him from dressing her warmly.

"Gracie, you have to put on the scarf." he sighed, "You don't want to get sick, do you?"

She laughed, "No."

He tried again but this time she made a run for it out of the nursery. Jasper chuckled and shook his head before speeding off to catch her. She squealed as he lifted her up in vampire speed and twirled her around.

"It's cold, Gracie." he tried reasoning, "It's either the scarf or no playing outside."

"Marco. Felly." she said, but her 'r' came out as an 'l'.

"Uncle Marcus and Felix had to go home, sweetheart." he explained, feeling slightly mad because now they're being replaced with Caius and Jane for at least a year, "Seems like I won't get you in this scarf. Should we see if Demetri's up for the challenge?"

"Yes." came the short answer.

She couldn't say much by now, just the basic words like mama, daddy, and a few more easy ones. Everyone received short nicknames from her. Jasper became Jas, Alice became Ali, Emmett became Em, Rosalie became Lo (she couldn't pronounce the r yet), Edward became Ed, Bella became Ella and Renesmee became Ness.

Grace grew a few inches through the year. She had a head full of golden locks, her cheeks were still as puffy and all her teeth were finally out. Her crib was also getting a little small and Bella had to take Renesmee's old plush toys out so Grace could fit.

Jasper pushed open Demetri's door, not even bother knocking. The moment Grace saw him her arms shot out towards him, "Demepitee!"

Demetri smiled and took her from Jasper, tucking the hair behind her tiny ears, "Hello, princesses. Slept well?"

"She wants to play outside but hates the idea of wearing a scarf." Jasper explained and handed the tracker the purple scarf, "See if you can get her to wear it."

He sat Grace down on his bed and went down on his knees in front of her, looking deep into her crystal eyes as he spoke gently, "Listen, princess, Elsa decided to make it cold today. Anna still has to find her and bring her back to make it warm again. While we wait, you must wear warm clothes, otherwise the cold might bite you. What do you say? Will you wear the scarf for me?"

"And Olaf?" she asked.

"For me and Olaf." he nodded, "We both like warm clothes, and hugs."

She smiled and he took it as a yes. Demetri slowly wrapped the scarf around her small neck, careful not to hurt her or to knot it too tightly. After he finished he wrapped Grace in his arms as she gave him a warm hug. Jasper only shook his head in disbelief when he realized that all he needed was a touch of Disney - because everything makes sense with Disney - to get her dressed up.

"All I had to do was watch Frozen?" he muttered in disbelief as he walked out of the room.

"Come on." Demetri said and picked her up, "Let's go outside and build an Olaf."

The entire family was out in the cold when they arrived. They all seemed surprised to see Grace wearing a scarf since none of them could get her to wear it. Carlisle smiled as his daughter was put down and started playing with Renesmee and Jake. He started calling her his daughter when she first called him 'dada' a few months ago. He remembered it like it was yesterday.

After her small little word he was so stunned, he couldn't speak for an hour. All he could do was smile and keep kissing Grace's soft, puffy cheeks until she started choking from laughter. It was one of the best days of his life, although, since Grace came along every day was the best day of his and everyone's lives.