Chapter Two- Spending time together.

~Holly's point of view~

The next morning, I wake up before Reed. I showered and got dressed. I make my boiled eggs, eat, and sit on the couch until I hear Reed moving around his room. I get up and start making him breakfast. I was standing in front of the dishwasher, cracking eggs; Reed comes out of his room and straight to the kitchen. He came up behind me, lightly brushing up against me as he grabbed a coffee cup from the cabinet over my head.

I freeze.

Reed's thoughts:

"Damn. I've made her uncomfortable. I didn't even ask her to move."

Reed: "I'm sorry, Sweetheart."

He backs up.

Holly: "It's ok."

I didn't freeze because he touched me. I froze because heat immediately became present between my legs. I immediately try to shut my mind down. It's not ok to think like that.

Reed: "Do you drink coffee, Holly?"

He moves to the Keurig.

Holly: "Not really. All I drink is water."

Reed: "Oh, ok. You don't have to cook for me."

Holly: "I told you I liked to cook. I missed it, to be honest. I love your kitchen; it's perfect for cooking."

Reed: "I won't complain. I love to eat, but I hate cooking."

Holly: "Do you have work today?"

Reed: "No. Sunday is the only day of the week I do absolutely no work."

Holly: "Oh."

Reed: "Were you hoping I'd leave?"

Holly: "No. It just surprised me."

Reed: "Are you having regrets already?"

Holly: "Honestly?"

Reed: "Yes, I'd really prefer that you not lie to me, Holly."

Holly: "I did last night. Then I woke up in a bed and not up against a building. In a safe home with someone whom, for some reason, I'm very comfortable with. I honestly have never woken up so relaxed."

Reed: "That's great, Holly."

Reed's thoughts:

"I can already see she's making progress."

I had made him eggs, bacon, hash browns, and pancakes. I made just enough for him. We sit at the table while he eats.

Holly: "What do you do on Sundays if you don't work?"

Reed thoughts:

"She isn't eating again."

A devilish grin forms on his face.

Reed: "It's better for me to show you, Sweetheart. I'd strongly advise you to change your clothes."

Holly: "Oh."

Reed: "Something really old if you have it."

Holly: "Old is all I have, Reed."

Homeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें