Chapter Fourteen- Getting back to Normal.

~Reed's point of view~

I don't know whether to be concerned she pushed me away or angry. She has been gone for three days. I thought I would be the first thing that she wanted. I knew she wouldn't want me sexually. I just can figure out why she doesn't want me at all.

Holly: "Can we go somewhere and talk?"

Gerald: "Go to my office.

Holly: "Reed, I need Ty with me. I can't do this without him."

Reed: "That's fine."

She has a very noticeable mark on her neck. I'm going to kill that motherfucker; I haven't seen her in three days. All I want to do is hold her. She's cold and distant. She said we needed to talk. I didn't realize Ty would be part of that talk. I don't know what to think. I don't want to lose her; this feels like goodbye. I'm so confused right now; We get to my Dad's office. I sit down; She picks a seat on the other side of the room. Ty right beside her. This is definitely goodbye.

She takes a deep breath.

Holly: "I don't even know where to begin."

I can tell she's nervous. She has nothing to be nervous about unless....

Reed: "Please tell me this isn't your way of leaving me."

Holly: "What?"

Reed: "If you brought me in here to tell me that you're leaving me, don't waste your breath. I don't need to hear the words come out of your mouth."

I get up and walk to the door.

Reed: "I can't do this."

I start to open the door.

Holly: "Reed stop."

Reed: "Why?"

Holly: "It's not what you think."

Reed: "What is it then, Holly? This sounds a whole lot like we're done."

Holly: "I murdered Jace."

I don't know if I just heard her right.

Reed: "You what?"

Holly: "I killed Jace."

That was not what I was expecting her to say.

I find my seat.

What do you say to someone? Congratulations? Great job? You're an idiot? There are no appropriate words here.

Reed: "I don't know what to say."

I'm glad he's dead. If Holly wouldn't have done it, I'd have found a way to do it. I don't know what she wants me to say. I don't want to say the wrong thing.

Ty: "Kiddo, you need to do the rest of this alone. You and your husband need to deal with this between the two of you."

She looks up at Ty. Tears are running down her face.

Ty: "You got this. All the bad is gone now. Reed's your safe place, remember that."

Holly: "I understand."

He bends down and kisses the top of her head.

Ty: "I'll be right outside, kiddo."