53. Possessive Singh Oberoi

A week later

After long the whole family sat to have breakfast together. Generally, due to the rush in the morning, everyone tends to have breakfasts in their room or on the get-go. The silence was nevertheless a barrier to what could have been a nice family time. Annika observed Priyanka looking back and forth at Shivaay to her text. She immediately knew the issue was related to Dev. She tried to focus on her plate. Her mind needed to shift away from volunteerism. After the last incident, she had no mood or need to interfere in the matters of Priyanka. Given her nature won't allow her to see Dev suffer, she could just live by helping him as much as she could for he was a nice man.

Shivaay had finished his breakfast. He pushed in his chair under the table and left saying "I will pick you up in the evening."

That made Annika realize what day it was. After the mid-semester exams finished last week, the faculty had arranged a small party for graduate students. Each student could bring a friend or a special someone along. She also realized why Priyanka looked back and forth from Shivaay and her phone.

"Are you going with Dev?" she asked Priyanka. She was curious and worried. Worried because she knew she was responsible for taking care of Shivaay if he happened to see Dev with his sister.

"Bhai is going with you. How can I go with Dev?" Priyanka frowned. Annika regretted asking. She shouldn't have. Before Priyanka could say something else, Annika collected her stuff and prepared to leave. On one hand, she looked forward to a nice evening with Shivaay. On the other, she felt upset that Dev and Priyanka couldn't be together because of her husband.

***

Shivaay arrived early from the office to pick Annika up. He was in a good mood having a chance to spend time with Annika in a different setting. He knew the nature of such parties having attended a few during his times in grad school. He was glad that it was strictly Annika's batch and the undergrads weren't invited for the latter were pretty wild in terms of drinking and dancing in such parties. He rather loved simple dining and slow dancing to jazz music.

Annika appeared in front of him dressed in a black mock neck dress paired with dangling earrings, soft make-up, and double-strap block heels. She went with short heels considering Shivaay and she had not much of a height difference. It was the first time in a while that she dressed up like that and his developing desires helped very little. He walked closer and being a slave to his desires wrapped his arms around her waist. Taken aback by the sudden pull, she clutched his shirt in a fist and squirmed in his embrace.

"You look hot," his compliment caused heat to rise on her cheeks. She gulped a lump down her throat. Her hand lying on the lapel of his tux struggled to move. He placed his hand on top of it keeping it in place.

"Go, get ready," she told him, noticing how he checked her out from head to toe. Shivaay's eyes lingered on her thighs where the neck dress ended making things more awkward for her. She bit her lips.

"Don't," he asked. His left palm now caressed her face. Her eyes were bent low, fingers feeling the material of his shirt and legs struggling to stand properly. If not for Shivaay holding her properly to himself, she would lose her balance.

"I don't feel like going," he confessed, "let's spend tonight like this. With you in my arms."

Annika met his eyes that reflected passion. She knew a part of their relationship involved physical intimacy. Most likely, Shivaay had started seeing her in that way too. His eyes confirmed his intentions But she wasn't able to welcome it with open arms. Her naiveté had a lot to play in here. She didn't know how to respond to his advances.